Why Does Crusty Skin Keep Forming After It is Scraped off when I Am Doing Dermabrasion?

I am 54yrs old and have had years of sun damage, uneven skin texture and dark spots. I decided to try dermabrasion at home and full evaluation is yet to come. I am finding that when I think a spot is clean and scraped another layer of crusty tan sediment has formed. For the most part I am applying argan oil and enhanced moisturizer and waiting for healing. Why is this happening? What could I do better. By the way, most of the 'new skin' looks great!

Home do it yourself dermabrasion dangerous

+1

Do not do this  Go to a P S or Derm and get a consultation.  I have seen these home do it yourself ventures and they all end badly .  My Best,  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Not a good idea to perform at home dermabrasion

+1

Keep it up and you are sure to cause some degree of permanent scarring to your face.  Dermabrasion is not an at home procedure.  

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.