Will Botox Help With Under Eye Bags?

As above, I do not have crows feet, but I do have bags under my eyes, will botox help, I cannot supply a piccy

Botox is not for lower eyelid bags

+2

Botox is not a good treatment if you have bags underneath your eyelids.  Botox can make it worse if the bags are fluid related and the muscle is relaxed so the pump action doesn't work as well of the eyelid muscle to drain away your fluids. If there are fat pads that have herniated forward creating your bags then the Botox would also not be expected to help. See a plastic surgeon for a blepharoplasty consult.

Will Botox help with under eye bags...

+2

Botox will not eliminate the bags under the eyes.  Botox is strictly for wrinkles caused by muscle movement.  The bags are usually caused by fat around the eye falling forward.  Plastic surgery is usually needed to improve situation by removing some of the fat and possibly tightening the muscle.  If the "bags" sit more off to the side and below, you may have some cheek ptosis which can be improved with a cheek lift.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the proper procedure for you.

Andrew Miller, MD
Edison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox does not help under eye bags, despite common misunderstanding.

+2

Botox is not helpful for under eye bags because the bags are not due to tightening of muscles that cause "dynamic wrinkles". In fact, too much Botox placed in the wrong areas, in the wrong patient, can INCREASE under eye bags! Certain types of bags may truly need plastic surgery (plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon), and other types of bags may be improved by identifying and controlling allergies, better sleep, or special eye creams. Finally, for hollows (not bags), a small amount of carefully (!) placed filler such as Juvederm or Restylane can help smooth the contour.

For under eye discoloration (dark or purple), other treatments may be of benefit, such as creams or possibly certain laser treatments. See your board-certified doctor (and see more than one for consultation) for ideas that fit you best.

Jessica J. Krant, MD, MPH

Botox under eyes

+2

For the problem that you are describing, Botox is not a good treatment option. If there are shadows below the eyes, Restylane can sometimes be a great treatment. This is an advanced technique, however, so select an injector who is experienced with these types of injections. Surgery may also be a good option for you, so I would recommend seeking a consultation to see what will be best for you.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox great for undereye wrinkles

+2

Botox is a great way to soften wrinkles and skin creases under the eye but it does not specifically help "bags" under the eye. Those "bags" under the eye may be improved with surgery and/or laser treatment, and/or filler. Some eye creams can help bags by reducing shadowing and darkening - look for Auriderm's Illume eye cream which contains Vit K oxide to scavenge and clear blood cells that can accumulate in the area. See video for treatment of veins under eye with long pulsed Nd: Yag laser.

Elizabeth F. Rostan, MD
Charlotte Dermatologist

Botox for under eye bags

+2

Lower eyelid blepharoplasty is the best treatment for under eye bags.  Botox is used to help improve the appearance of other aging changes around the eyes but is not used to treat under eye bags.  It may be used in some cases for patients that have prominent pretarsal (lid) muscles in order to weaken or relax them but there is a risk that it can pull the lid down.

Keshini Parbhu, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox will not help lower eyelid bags

+2

Botox will weaken muscles and if placed to any extent, in the lower eyelid muscles is more likely to weaken the lower eyelids making them droop.   Botox has no effect on the fat bags of the lower eyelids....for that you need an Eyelid Surgery or Lower Blepharoplasty.

Eyelid bag treatment options

+2

Botox is not an effective treatment for lower lid puffiness; it is designed to weaken the muscles that cause the squint or smile lines. Therefore it would not help the puffiness. Surgical procedures to remove the puffiness called a blepharoplasty is an option or fillers like restylane can be used to temporarily mask the puffiness by filling in the grooves below. I hope this information helps.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is NOT for under eye circles, you need Restylane instead

+2

Botox is NOT for under eye circles, you need Restylane instead.  Just be sure that you go to a very skilled injector as fillers under the eyes is an advanced treatment that requires an expert.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Restylane in tear trough improves under eye puffiness.

+2

Hi.

Botox will not help at all, if you look as I envision.  Skillful, deep Restylane injections in tiny amounts are very useful.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)