I Have Crow's Feet After Receiving Botox in my Forehead. What Should I Do?

I'm nervous to have more Botox injected, especially to my eyes since I've read much negative about it, including even more exaggerated under-eye crows feet.

Crow's Feet After Receiving Botox in Forehead

+1

You likely had crow's feet before receiving Botox.  What often happens is that after treating one area with Botox and that area improves, other lines appear more pronounced.  Botox is great for softening the crow's feet and, in experienced hands, a very safe and effective treatment. 

(This answer is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for medical advice.  It is posted for patients’ general education only.  Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider for further evaluation of your individual case.)

Seattle Dermatologist

Botox and forehead lines

+1

You probably had crow's feet before your Botox treatment in your forehead but were not aware of them.  If you had a bit too much Botox in your forehead, it may have lowered your brow and made your crow's feet more noticeable.  Please see your physician who can assess your forehead to see if it lowered.  If it did, this effect will wear off in a month or two and less Botox can be injected next time.  You could also elect to treat your crow's feet with Botox which gives a great result.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox and Crows Feet

+1

Botox and Dysport are wonderful at treating the 'worry lines' in the forehead.  Once they are gone some of the other lines on the face may become more noticeable.  Many patients will comment they never noticed their crows feet or nasolabial folds until they got their worry lines or frown lines treated.  This is most likely the case you are experiencing.   You can wait til the effects wear off and see if this the case or you can treat the crows feet with some Botox or Dysport. 

Lisa Kates, MD
Annapolis Dermatologist

Crow's Feet After Forehead Injections?

+1

Hi Ginger.  What you are describing seems quite unusual.  Botox typically stays very close to the injected area and it would be very difficult for any injection in the forehead to affect the crow's feet.  

What we have seen in the past with patients is that once one area has improved, they begin to focus on another.  If you are not comfortable returning to the same practitioner then we would be happy to see you for a free consultation to discuss your situation and the available treatments.  You can visit the link below to view our website.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox® will soften crow's feet.

+1

It is not uncommon after treating one area with Botox® that other areas of wrinkling appear more pronounced.  You likely had some crow’s feet before, they are just more noticeable now that the forehead wrinkling is diminished.  The good news is that a few more units of Botox® in the crow’s feet should soften those lines as well.

Missy Clifton, MD
Bentonville Dermatologist

Botox for forehead wrinkles and crows feet

+1

What you're describing is unusual and you should be seen by your doctor for a full evaluation of the botox effect. Did your forehead droop down so much that the eyebrows, which might have been already sagging, dropped more from your inability to raise them after the Botox, and then this weight pushed on the outer eyelid region creating folding? If so, there may be an easy adjustment by treating the periorbital muscle, the orbicularis oris, near the outer eyebrow to help lift the area. This might not be a solution for you, and again, you should be seen for an in-person evaluation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Crow's Feet after Botox In Forehead

+1

Botox injections in your forehead did not cause crows feet. In fact Botox injections are the best treatment for the crows feet. I would respectfully disagree that "there is so much negative about it" because we do continue to have great success with proper use of this treatment.

Crow's feet and Botox

+1

Botox injected into the forehead would not give you Crow's feet. More than likley you had crow's feet and you just did not notice them.

+1

Botox in an isolated area like the forehead would not cause Crow's feet (another area).  Have a discussion with the MD injecting the Botox for a detailed explanation of where the Botox is placed and the desired results.

Crows feet after botoxI

+1

It's unlikely the botox in your forehead caused you to have crows feet.

If you go to an experienced surgeon, botox to the crow's feet area will help erase the lines.  I'm not sure what you've read, but most people really like the way botox smoothes out this area.  I routinely inject my own crow's feet which takes out most of the lines.  

I'd recommend you go to a facial plastic surgeon with experience injecting this area for a consultation.  I'm sure he or she would be able to answer all your questions and help you improve the lines in this area.

Dr. Begovic

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD