I Am Still Running a 99-100.5 Temp off and on Dailey 7 Weeks Post Mini Lift?

I feel fine, but still have a bit of swelling under cheekbones and they do feel quite warm off and on. I still use cooling mask which helps. Is this just part of the healing process or should I go get bloodwork done to see if there is some type of minor infection? Let me add I had a great deal of loose skin, and had a lot of swelling initially.

Fever and Swelling after Mini Lift?

+1

Thank you for your question. This could just be post op inflammation and low grade temperature, but something to monitor, and not ignore. Check your temperature at least twice a day, and keep your surgeon in the loop, and ask for parameters to use when the temperature threshold justifies a call to the office, and a  possible prescription for an antibiotic. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Low grade fevers 7 weeks after a facelift

+1

It is very unusual to have fevers this later after surgery. Without an evaluation in person, it is impossible to say what the source of the fever is.

Fevers at 2 months post-op

+1

While your temperature elevations are rather low grade, and it is fairly late to see typical wound infections following surgery, there are some unusual things that can cause infection, and those could be contributing to your fevers.  It is always best to be evaluated early in these types of situations, so see your surgeon as soon as possible.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Mini Lift Complications

+1

If you are running fevers after your procedure it is imperative that you contact your surgeon to follow up.  They will need to rule out infection at the surgical site as a reason for your fevers.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post-op fevers

+1

If you are running a prolonged fever after surgery it is crucial that you inform your surgeon. Your doctor will examine you and determine if there is a problem with infection. If not, you may need to see your PCP and make sure that you are not having a different problem (such as pulmonary complications related to anesthesia).

Diana L. Elias MD

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon