I had a crown fitted on upper right and it is chipped. What can the chip be filled with?

the crown was fitted during my visit to West Berlin Army Hospital l979-1981. Dentist there fitted the crfown.the tooth was drilled to a spike and the crown fitted. I recentlyh went to Barwon Health Dentist (for pensioners) and was told the crown is chipped. What can the chip be filled with and can glass inominer be used,?

+1

If you had a crown done that long ago, it is probably a porcelain fused to metal crown. They have an inner core of metal (usually gold or sometimes precious or non-precious metal) and an outer layer of porcelain. If just a piece of porcelain chipped off, and it is not in the front of your mouth, you may be able to just leave it alone. The dentist can smooth and polish off the chip to make it smoother.

No, glass ionomers may be used for a short term solution (like patching a tire that blew out), but rarely last very long. In my opinion, a waste of time, money and effort.

The fact that your crown has lasted thirty years, you have more than exceeded the average life expectancy of a crown. Suggest getting a new crown, which will most likely last you the rest of your life.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist