How Much for a Crown for my Dental Implant?

I had a dental implant placed 8 years ago. I did not and still do not have dental insurance so I put off getting the crown (I believe its called a crown- it is the tooth part). My flipper just broke. Is it still possible to cut open my gum and place the crown? How much will it cost, ballpark quote?

Cost of Crown for Implant

+2

Once a dental implant is placed and healing occurs (this usually takes approximately three months) it can then be restored. After the surgical uncovering, an impression is taken of the exposed head of the implant. This impression is sent to a lab where a custom abutment (that part which screws into the head of the implant and fits under the crown) and implant crown are fabricated. The cost to restore an implant consists of the cost of the custom abutment (approximately $675) plus the cost of the implant crown (Approximately $1250) So the answer to your question is yes, any time after the initial 3 month healing period, the implant can be restored. The only problem which may exist is that the adjacent and opposing teeth being held in position by the flipper ( which can wear thin over time) can shift creating less room for the implant thereby compromising the final result.

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

New Dental Implant Crown

+1

The implant has been under the gum tissue for several years. The first thing will be to get the gum tissue looking correct so it matches the adjacent teeth. There are a number of ways to do this. Next, a impression will be taken so the lab can make the custom part that comes out of the implant and then probably an all ceramic crown will be made for optimum aesthetics. The fees depend on your local area and those listed above are fairly accurate.

Cincinnati Cosmetic Dentist

Implant crown fees

+1

It sounds as if you need both the implant abutment and the crown. The cost of the abutment will depend on whether it is a stock or a custom made one, and implant crowns are more expensive to have made than tooth crowns. A ballpark number would be around $2100 for both.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Crown fees are based on locale and materials used.

+1

Here in Beverly Hills my fees are $1700 for implant crowns,but they go as high as $2400 in some places. They are more complicated to make and therefore the lab charges more in material costs and gold etc.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Implant Crowns

+1

Hi Cela,

Unless something unusual happend, the implant should be easily restored with a crown.

You will need an abutment, which is a piece (like a dowel) that goes into both the implant and the crown. 

Depending on where you live the fee could vary considerably.  For example, you could expect to pay around $2000 for the crown and abutment in New York City.  

Dr. Alper

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Yes it can be done, BUT!

+1

Uncovering, placing the Abutment, and the restoring the Abutment with a crown and doing it so it looks great, functions well and  will last a lifetime is a very skilled procedure.  Think of your "insurance" only as a benefit and partial payment of this procedure.  I would advise you to look for the best dentist I could to restore this implant and not consider if this dentist accepted insurance or not (if you have "insurance"). The insurance company will have to pay whatever they have agreed to pay, it is just that you may have to pay more for the best care,  BUT if will be well worth it to get the best care because if it is not done perfectly you may be doing it all over in a few years or this work could cause the implant to fail and you could be in worse shape than if you did nothing.  Saying that however, I want to emphasize that the "flipper" that broke was a blessing because a "flipper" is notorious for causing damage and more dental disease to the teeth they contact. 

Wilton Cosmetic Dentist

IMPLANT COST

+1

The abutment and the crown will be between $700 and $900. You must check with your doctor if everything is ok with the implant inside your bone.

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Completing your implant

+1

Yes, it is possible and fine to complete the implant with an abutment (head) and crown even 8 years later. We are assuming the implant healed normally and there are no complicating factors such as periodontal disease if you have neglected cleaning for the last 8 years. An average cost will be $500 for the abutment and $1300 for the crown. Do not let insurance or the economy dictate the health of your mouth or body.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Replacing teeth with implants comes in 3 parts

+1

You have completed 1/3 of treatment, you now need a crown and an abutment (a connector to join the crown TO the implant).  Fees will vary from area to area and office to office, so it is hard to quote a correct fee.  Abutments can range from $300-800 and crowns from $1200-1900.

Ish...

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/dental-implants.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist