A Crown Before Removing a Wisdom Tooth?

I have been advised by a dentist that I should get a crown on a molar because the tooth is weak. Additionally, I am having my last wisdom tooth removed next month. There is one tooth between the one that needs a crown and the wisdom tooth. Does it matter which procedure is done first?

Pull (extract) wisdom tooth or do crown, which first?

+1

As long as there is an tooth in between the wisdom tooth that is going to be removed and the molar that will be getting a new crown, either can be done first. However, in general, a tooth can always be removed, but a tooth that has a crack or decay could get worse in the interim before it is crowned. And delay could lead to needing a root canal if the decay or crack goes too deep. Therefore, I would generally suggest the crown be done before the wisdom tooth is extracted. But if the wisdom tooth is hurting you, then by all means I would recommend the opposite, extracting the wisdom tooth first.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

Crown Before Removing Wisdom Tooth

+1

As long as there is another tooth between the crown and the wisdom tooth, it really should not matter which procedure is done first.

New York Cosmetic Dentist