Crowning the Front Two Teeth?

hello doctor..my question is that my one front tooth is absolutely fine bt my second tooth has root canal done..so my dentist advice me for having two zirconium crown on front 2 teeth as it is better esthetically & fr better smile..i want to know should i go for d crown on that tooth which is fine absolutely..?plz advice me

Dental Crowns for two teeth vs one tooth

+2

You have asked a common question about your Single Crown, that we hear frequently. You have already received slightly different answers ( which are all appropriate) and I will give you another. One crown can be done and can match well. You must find a skilled cosmetic dentist who can accomplish the task. I would not recommend removing tooth structure from the healthy second tooth. It will take multiple appointments and expect a higher fee. Be sure to view photographs of similar work. Best of luck.

Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Crowning two front teeth?

+2

I believe your dentist has given you sound advice, however if your not real picky and you don't mind a slight difference in the front teeth one crown can be done very nicely and if your not happy the other can be done at later time. Good Luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD    CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

One crown will work

+2

I would rather do crown on root canal tooth and if you are not happy with result then you can think about vaneer or ceramic crown on healthy tooth. Dental labs can also do custom shade for nominal charges and I give option of redoing crowns 2/3 times with my patient paying added lab expense of remake. It helps us getting the desired result with slight added expense which will be still less than doing extra crown.

Frisco Cosmetic Dentist

Do not crown both front teeth just to match the color

+2

If this were my teeth, I would not crown both. Only the one that needs it. It is more difficult to match but a good dentist and technician can do it. It may take 2-3 tries to get it.

Realize that doing both crowns means you would be grinding down a perfect tooth for no reason other than matching the crowns. It your other tooth is in need of some improvement then I would recommend a veneer (not a crown) and an E-max crown on the root canal one. Depending on the situation, if the root canal tooth is strong and not discolored or chipped, you may not even need anything other than a bonding to close the hole where the root canal was done or maybe just a veneer as well.

Good luck

Dr. T

Miami Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Crowning the Front 2 Teeth

+1

From your description, you probably should crown the root canal tooth and place a Porcelain Veneer on the other to match. I would NOT suggest Zirconium crown, however, as it is not as "pretty" as an Empress, Emax or Feldpathic Porcelain.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Explore other options first

+1

Why do you need to crown the tooth with the root canal? Is it discolored? If it is, you may want to explore the option of internal bleaching first. Even so, I would not crown the perfectly healthy tooth. A good lab can match your Zirconia crown to your natural teeth without the need for crowning the good tooth.

Irvine Cosmetic Dentist