Will Invisalign Solve Problem of Crowded Teeth and V Shaped Arch?

Hello! I'm 19 years old and have three problems; 1 - my upper teeth are quite crowded, 2 - the arch of my upper teeth is shaped in like a ''v'' rather than a ''u'', 3 - my jaw is quite small. I don't have any real problems with my lower teeth, though. Would Invisalign work for me and how long would it take in my case to see the final results? Could I still do the Invisalign therapy since my wisdom teeth have just started growing? Thank you :)

I would consider fixed therapy equally with Invisalign

+1

From what you have shown in your photographs, I believe any orthodontist that uses fixed appliances (braces) would welcome you into their practice without hesitation.  Good clinicians will determine the best instruments to use for the given job although other approaches may also deliver similar results....but not quite as excellent.  Sometimes, we will adjust our treatment objectives because patients will place limitations on what procedures will be tolerated/not tolerated...."I don't want braces on my teeth" or "I don't want any extractions".  Ultimately, you should choose the appliances to be used based on their efficiency.  If you really want to gain a broader, more symmetrical arch form, I'd recommend fixed braces in your case.

Sacramento Orthodontist

Invisalign correcting v arch

+1

Absolutely invisalign can correct crowding and change arch forms.  You can expect that the V arch will become wider and more U like.  This will drastically improve your smile.  Good Luck!!!

Miami Orthodontist

V Shaped dental arches are very common and need DFO

+1

I am afraid the Invisalign alone or braces for that matter will not give you a very stable long term result.  For the result to hold up over the years and the most ideal short term result to be best, Dentofacial Orthopedics (DFO) holds the answer.  This is a type of removable expander that can change the arch form (and bone structure) first to a much broader U-shape, allowing you to finish with Invisalign or braces.  Either can give you a beautiful full smile if used after DFO.  Many orthodontists don't believe in or use this type of treatment, so you may have to search for one who has this type of experience.  Good luck..

Denver Orthodontist

Invisalign works well for crowding

+1

While Invisalign works well for crowding, it will not change the shape of your arch.  You can expect some mild expansion and "tipping out" of the teeth to give the appearance of expansion of your arch.  Depending on what your bite looks like in the back areas will determine how long you will be in treatment and whether Invisalign is the best option for you.

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

Will it work for me?

+1

crowding doesn't look so bad....should be ok for invisalign

v shaped arches can be corrected to u shaped

wisdom teeth have no effect on most orthodontic problems!

photos are poor showing your bite...that will be the determining factor

Saint Louis Orthodontist

Invisalign is good at front tooth alignment, but not so good at bite correction

+1

Yourr upper teeth look quite crowded and they are in a position which suggest a particular form of overbite.   I think Invisaling may be able to correct your upper tooth alignment.  If you do have an overbite, however,  Invisalign may not work to correct that.  Doing so improves the chance the straight teeth you end up will tend to stay straight.  So it's best to consult an orthodontist who does both Invisalign and braces to see what is the best approach for you.

Seattle Orthodontist

You will see a big difference - these are the fun ones!

+1

Well you have given a good summary of your bite situation from the front.  What is missing from your assessment, that a dentist or orthodontist can tell you, is the bite from the side.  To fully assess your case, we would need to know if you are Class I or Class II, and how big your overbite is.  From what I see in your pictures, it is most likely that what we call Class II division 2.

That kind of bite, along with the crowding and tipped lateral incisors, makes this a challenging Invisalign case even in experienced hands.  Whether it is treated with Invisalign or fixed braces, you are sure to see a big difference quickly.  But I would not count on anything less than a year to finish it, but it could go as long as two.  I would encourage you to see an orthodontic specialist for an evaluation.

As far as the wisdom teeth go, unless there is tons of room for them, I would recommend getting them taken out before your begin treatment.

Good luck.

Atlanta Orthodontist

Length of time for Invisalign treatment varies with each person

+1

The average case for Invisalign is 11 months, but that statistic includes the very quick cases and the very long cases as well.  It is possible that NO case is 11 months, yet the average still comes out as 11.

Your case does not appear at first look as a problem, but a complete exam by a dentist or orthodontist, including x-rays, will help determine what is best.

Web reference: http://www.bestseattledentist.com/html/invisalign-seattle.html

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign 6MonthsSmiles

+1

Invisalign will correct the position of your teeth but it will not change the shape of the arch. For that you needed a palatal expander when you were growing up  . I recommend the 6MonthsSmiles method instead

New York Cosmetic Dentist