Crooked, Uneven Tip 10 Months After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 10 months ago and I am noticing the tip of my nose is asymmetrical. The right side of the tip is more bulbous and hard whereas the left as a softer, more pinched look. The tip as a whole seems pushed to the right. I have another appointment with my surgeon next month but I am concerned about the result. Is this something that can easily be fixed? Overall, I find my nose is still too large.

Uneven Tip at 10 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

Your surgeon will probably want you to wait a year or longer.  If the tip does not resolve the lower lateral cartilage on the larger side can be trimmed to improve symmetry.  Definitive maneuvers need to be defined after an exam and determination of maneuvers employed in your first surgery.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip issues of nose

+1

It is possible you m ay be a candidate for a revision. Without seeing you it can be difficult to give a good  answer.

Asymmetric tip 10 months after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Babaloosh-

Thank you for your question.  While you do have a couple of months to go before we can make a final verdict, it seems unlikely that your asymmetry will abate by then.  At your next appointment, you should communicate your concerns to your doctor.

It may be that you are a candidate for revision rhinoplasty.  If this is the case, it may be possible to correct this asymmetry with or without additional cartilage grafting.  Evaluation by an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist would be in order.

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon