Crookedness After Custom Jaw Implant What to Do ?

Dear specialists, 1.5 months ago i had a custom jaw/chin implant, this is made by a ct scan and then been custom fit to my chinbone in my face. After a week i noticed that it is a bit crooked one jawline lower then the other and one chin point lower then the other how can this happen if the implant is custom fit? I think i have to get a new implant because this was custom fit, is it possible to do can a ct scan only see the bone ? Can a implant been replaced right away with a other? Thanks

Bad Chin Implant Positioning

+1

I'm sorry to hear that your custom implant appears to poorly positioned. The custom implant just means that it fits your jaw specifically. The contours may no be correct or the implant may not be seated completely. You need to discuss this with your surgeon.  It's  typically too early to have a revision. I would wait at least 6 more weeks.

Dr. ES

Crookedness after custom jaw implant, what to do?

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing. After 1.5 months, you will still have swelling which can influence the appearance of your final result. I would give it some more time and see how you heal, as it can take up to 6 months for the final result to be evident. I would also recommend discussing this concern with your surgeon, as they know the details of your procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chi Implant

+1

There are many reasons for a crocked chin implant. You are 6 weeks after the surgery. You may still have swelling. Wait three to six months then re-evaluate and work with your doctor.