Crooked and Uneven Nose After Second Asian Rhinoplasty

I've got rhinoplasty done twice two years ago and both times it came out crooked and uneven. The doctor didn't put any implant in my nose and he had just filed it down and put cartilage on the tip.

He had questioned ME asking if I broke my nose after the surgery which I didn't and told me he didn't know why my nose came out crooked twice. I do not want to go back to the same surgeon.

Why did this happen? Which surgeon will be able to fix this and what will be done to make it straight?

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

An Asian rhinoplasty is always more difficult beause of the typical ethnic anatomy. Your revision should only be done by a surgeon experienced in both revision surgery and Asian rhinoplasty.

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Asian rhinoplasty frequently involves augementing (building up) the bridge and increasing tip projection. Because Asian patients usually have limited amounts of septal cartilage, alternative sources of grafts are required to achieve those goals. Options include using ear cartilage or rib cartilage. Sometimes a synthetic implant can be used to help build up the bridge.

Choose a surgeon who has experience in both revision rhinoplasty and ethnic rhinoiplasty.

C. Spencer Cochran, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Asian rhinoplasty is associated with relatively small septums making it a difficult site to obtain cartilage grafts. More often than not, the next available donor site is the ears. However, it sound as if you may need more graft than is availabel from the ears. You may want to seek a consultation with a surgeon experienced in harvesting rib cartilage.