Crooked Smile After Chin Implant is This Normal?

I am only in my first week of recovery but so many things seem to be going wrong. I pray that this is all temporary. My chin is very tight and numb and when i try to smile it is very little or crooked. is this normal? I am going to see my PS on monday but this has not been what i expected. Can anyone give me any insight. Please

Crooked smile after chin implant

+1

Tightness and numbness are not uncommon after a chin implant, and should improve over time. Following up with your surgeon is recommended, as he/she will be able to provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Early Recovery after Chin Implant Surgery

+1

All that you are describing can be very typical after chin implant surgery. You have already stated what the real issue is just one week after your surgery...it is just now what you had expected. Chin and lip tightness, swelling that makes the chin look distorted and occasionally some temporary lip movement weakness can all occur...sometimes greater in some than in others. Full recovery from chin augmentation is a 6 to 12 weeks process.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Post op chin surgery

+1

It is normal to have swelling, numbness and asymmetric smile after a chin implant.  The nerves to the chin, lip and teeth is bruised and the muscles that move the lip are affected by the surgery.  All this generally improves with time and may take several weeks to totally resolve.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Questions after a Chin Implant

+1

The first weeks after a chin implant it is normal for the area to feel tight, numb, and there can be change in your smile.  The chin is swollen and that can limit your movement.  The nerves that provide sensation to the area can be stretched or bruised.  This can cause temporally numbness.  While there a chance the nerves could be permanent damaged that would be rare.  I would give it some time, and I believe most of these issues will resolve.

I hope this helps!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon