Crooked Nostrils. Can It Be Corrected? How? (photo)

I had an open rhinoplasty 6 months ago. From front view nostrils seem crooked, however from worms' eye view shows that they seem quiet symmetrical. Can bilateral extended speader grafts correct this condition? If not, is there any solution?

SECONDARY NOSE ASYMMETRY CAN BE CORRECTED WITH CARTILAGE GRAFT

+2
Thanks for your question! To begin with, I believe you have a good result. Since you are only 6 months out, I would definitely wait at least a year before I would attempt any revision, if it still bothers you, since it will take that long for the swelling to almost completely subside. It may get to the point that you are happy and you don't need/want anything else.
If you are still concerned with the existing asymmetry, a small cartilage graft, taken from inside the nose and carefully placed in the right nostril, should fix the asymmetry. Spreader grafts will not help, and they may even distort the symmetry further. I hope that helps!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nostrils

+2

The asymmetry you see is secondary to retraction of the right nostril rim. This can be corrected with a small cartilage graft above the elevated nostril. A spreader graft will not improve this minor problem.

Asymmetrical nostrils

+2

The nostrils are only mildly asymmetrical.  The patient's right side is notched up a bit.  A  small composite graft composed of skin and cartilage harvested from the ear can help with this issue.