Crooked Nose (photo)

I had rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago. My nose seems to be more swollen in one side which makes it looks crooked. Do you think it would get better? My doctor said to wait 6 months to know.

Crooked nose

+1

After three weeks, you will still be significantly swollen and it is too soon to judge the result. Swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry. It can take 18-24 months to see the final result of a rhinoplasty. 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. Factors that influence swelling may include the following: Whether the procedure was open or closed, whether tip work was performed, whether the procedure was a revision, and whether or not the patient has thick skin. It is important to be patient throughout the healing process, as it can take some time. The nose will continue to change and improve as you heal. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about any post-operative concerns and any specific guidelines they may ask you to follow after surgery.  I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Crooked nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

At only 3 weeks post-operatively, your nose is in a very early stage of healing. It is not at all unusual to have more swelling on one side of the nose than the other. The swelling WILL go down, and the differences on the two sides generally even out. Your case appears to be very mild.

William J. Vasileff, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose at 3 Weeks

+1

There are many factors that play into the final look of the nose including maneuvers employed, healing characteristics of the patient, and preoperative status.  At three weeks, swelling can be significant and you should not judge final results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Crooked nose

+1

Swelling can be asymmetric and at this point you should wait for the swelling to go down.  Good luck.

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Based on your pictures it is not likely that the nose will ever be straight.  However the final finish product may not look as deviated after all the swelling comes down.  At this time unfortunately there is not a lot to do but to wait.  Any revision usually is done at 1 year.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon