Crooked Nose or Swelling After Secondary Rhinoplasty? (2 Wks Post Op) (photo)

Hi, I know it's still too early to tell but I'm depressed by my outcome so far. I wanted to correct uneven nostrils and a hanging columella. My PS said he would reduce and refine as well. Now my nose looks crooked & as if its leaning to the left, & I feel like the org problems weren't corrected. I asked my PS he said it's "perfect" & not to drive him crazy! I travelled to have my surgery & I'm home now. I feel my nose is a disaster, will my nose look normal when the swelling resides? Pls help

Evaluating nose after 2 weeks

+2

You can't evaluate your nose yet. I am a revision specialist and I see many concerned patients like yourself at this stage. Sometimes I see a nose that looks crooked and as an expert it goes thru my mind" I"m going to have to fix this one". Lo and behold at 4 months and after it is perfectly straight.

Nose appears crooked after revision rhinoplasty

+1

Two weeks is very soon after your surgery, and you just recently reached the peak of your swelling.  Depending on the nature of your surgery, it can take up to one year to see the final result.  The amount of time it takes to see the final outcome is influenced by the following:

1) Whether or not tip work was performed during your surgery
2) The thickness of your skin 
3) Whether or not osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) were performed.

Looking at your photos, I see the concern you have about your nose appearing crooked, but it is just too soon to tell if this is the end result.  I would see how your nose heals over time.  If the appearance of your nose is still an issue, then it would be best to contact your surgeon and express your concerns. Thank you and good luck with your recovery!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/rhinoplasty/revision-rhinoplasty/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling post -op

+1

It is far too early to consider this as a final result. It takes months for all swelling to go away. even if it is actually crooked and requires a revision it is importnt to wait 9-12 months. Reoperating too soon could lead to more problems.

Crooked Nose 2 weeks post-op

+1

Hi,

I would say that something went wrong and your nose will stay crooked unless you get a revision. It doesnt look like your deviation can be attributed to swelling. Its ashame especially since you traveled far to see your surgeon. See links below.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com/crooked-nose-correction.htm

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

No matter how this is going to turn out, you still have to wait until the swelling has resolved which may take at least 9-12 months if not longer. Revisions are usually done after that period and even though it might be difficult for you but it is best to wait for healing process to complete.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgery4you.com

Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

It's too early to tell

+1

At this point, the swelling is near its maximum, so it is hard to know the true structural form of the nose.  In a few months you will have a better idea of the true outcome.  Your surgeon will be the best person to guide you on this as he or she performed the procedure and will most intimately know your nose.  If things do not end up as you wished, you should first approach your surgeon about it.  Best of luck!

Web reference: http://dwkimmd.com/

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon