Crooked Nose - Nose Implant Possible?

Hi. I have a broken nose from a fight one and a half years ago. Luckily, the cartilage tip etc. is all intact, however the bone itself is not fitting straight and is going to one of the sides, which brings the cartlage etc. with it. It wont fit, they tried 2 times, it still goes to one of the sides. Is it possible to "cut" the bone in half, attach a implant to the top part in order to make it fit with the lower part of my "forehead" where the break is or whatever its called. Can anyone do this?

Crooked Nose - Nose Implant Possible?

+2

Photos would help in the evaluation of your nose.  If you're saying that you've had two prior Rhinoplasty Surgeries and that after these your nose is still crooked, you would need to explain what was done during these prior Rhinoplasties for meaningful recommendations.  Crooked, nasal bones require osteotomies to re-break and move the crooked nasal bones together in the midline.  Crooked cartilage can't be re-broken and moved, like bone, and requires shaving or rasping.  Layering a bone/cartilage implant over crooked bone or cartilage would not make the nose straight IMO.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty for the creation of a naturally, more attractive nose and face.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Implant for crooked nose

+1

While nasal implants are possible, it is best to use the patient’s own cartilage when possible.  If the nose has been completely depleted of cartilage, ear cartilage would be the next best choice.  It is important to have full osteotomies of the nasal bones with realignment of the nasal pyramid to give symmetric dorsal aesthetic lines.  Look for a surgeon who has lots of experience and has dedicated his practice to rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty before embarking on this difficult endeavor.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Crooked nose

+1

straightening a crooked nose can be a challenging and frustrating problem in plastic surgery. a surgeon may  straighten the nose at the time of surgery, only to have it veer off to one side during the weeks or months following the procedure.  There are many strategies to straighten a crooked nose and sometimes a graft on the bridge may be necessary.  My best advice is to consult with some surgeons who specialize in revision rhinoplasty and who have experience dealing with this problem. Your case may require a more complex solution working with both the bone and  cartilage to achieve the result you desire.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Rhinoplasty revision

+1

Without photos or a face to face examination it is impossible to say what would help. If you have had 2 operations that failed to correct the problem you certainly do not want to waste your time and money on a third one that fails to deliver. If you go to another surgeon you need to bring copies of your operative reports and previous photos so that the next operation can be successful.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Nasal fracture and implant

+1

If you need dorsal augmentation, an implant can be helpful.  But, I woudl straighten the nose first before doing so.

Proper reconstruction of nasal bones

+1

Correction of a crooked nose is a challenge, especially for less experienced surgeons, but even in the hands of experts may produce a great deal of difficulty. The use of grafts and implants should be reserved for final refinement, rather than a basic method to achieve a straight well functioning nose.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correcting a crooked nose.

+1

With a markedly crooked nose, it may never be exactly straight but with a combination of different types of osteotomies to cut and straighten the bones and your own cartilage grafts to help straighten the crooked cartilage or to hide the defect, much improvement should be seen.  I stay away from foreign material in the nose as it seems too easily to get infected, especially in a nose with multiple other surgeries.  See a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in Rhinoplasty to explain all the options.

Persistent nasal deviation after surgery

+1

Implant seems like an unusual option here.

Rather than seeking a different surgery, I might try a different surgeon in your case.

A full comprehensive procedure including septum and onlay or spreader grafts should work. Osteotomy variations such as nasofrontal, intermediate,  or perforating double lateral should be able to make your bone fit into the right place.

Best of luck

Web reference: http://www.newfaceny.com

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and foreign implants vs. cartilage for the crooked nose..

+1

Rhinoplasty and foreign implants vs. cartilage for the crooked nose. Foreign materials can get infected so for 35 years I have used the patient's own tissues to onlay grafts to fix this problem.

Crooked nose and option of nasal implant

+1

There are a number of rhinoplasty options, for someone who has a crooked nose secondary to trauma.  These options include cutting the nasal bones (osteotomy), onlay grafts of one's own cartilage, and nasal implants to hide the defect.  Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who routinely performs rhinoplasty.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon