Crooked Nose 2 Days After Cast Removal (Suddenly)?

I had rhinoplasty 15 days ago and when i had the cast off i was extremely happy with the results and my nose was straight. But 2 days later i noticed the swelling have increased slightly and the lower 1/3 of my nose is getting crooked. Is this possible uneven swelling suddenly appearing? And could I have hit it accidently in my sleep noting that i never woke up with bleeding?

Crooked nose following removal of cast

+2

Uneven swelling can create the appearance of a crooked nose. It can take up to a year before you see the final result of your surgery.  The amount of time the swelling lingers may be influenced by the following things:

1) Whether or not tip work was performed
2) The thickness of the patient's skin
3) If the procedure was open or closed

Even if you did bump your nose at some point, it is unlikely that it would cause asymmetry, especially since you do not recall a specific incident. I would give it some time, as you are still very early in the healing process.  I would recommend speaking with your surgeon regarding any concerns you have at this time. Thanks and I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.carolinafacialplasticsurgery.com/surgical-procedures/rhinoplasty/

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose After Cast Removal

+2

Dear Yha666,

It would have been better if photographs are included so more precise answers can be given.

Nonetheless, at 2 days after cast removal the swelling is significant and asymmetrical. So possible imbalance could be perceived.

I encourage you to have a little more patience as the progress can only be seen couple of months down the recovery road.

Be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions and to keep away from any possible exercise that could put you at risk of a nasal trauma.

Thank you for your inquiry and best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Crooked nose after cast removal

+2

Every time I remove a patients splint there is great excitement when the patient first sees their new nose. I then give them some instructions and information about what to expect but often it is forgotten in the moment. I tell patients that their nose may swell in the next day or two without the splint and that the swelling may go down unevenly over the first two weeks. This will result in one side looking different then the other each day. This usually is gone by the first month and then the swelling continues to resolve more subtly.

Keep this in mind and be patient and keep in touch with your doctor for advice.

Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose 2 days after cast removal

+2

At two days after cast removal swelling usually gets a bit worse.  The splint kept the swelling down.  Be patient.

Crooked nose 2 days after rhinoplasty

+2

From your description it sounds like this may be related to swelling. The swelling will vary between the two sides of the nose, and thus make it appear as if the nose is crooked. As you probably already know, it will be many months until the swelling has stabilized.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose early after Rhinoplasty

+2

Don't worry just yet. Your nose is still very swollen at this point and the changes made to the nasal structures below the skin have not settled. You might be re-assured by discussing it with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.8west.ca/resources/rhinoplasty-resources/

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon