Crooked Nose and Side Bump 1 Month Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had a septoplasty/rhinoplasty to fix a deviated septum & a bump in my nose. I'm now 6 weeks post rhinoplasty & I have a crooked nose from the front, & a bump in my profile that feels hard. My doctor noticed these problems at my 4 week follow up & said that it was just swelling & it should go away…I'm extremely upset & I don't believe it. Everyone I see looks great post rhinoplasty, & I have a crooked nose & a bump. Is this swelling or should I get revision rhinoplasty from another doctor?

Crooked Nose and Side Bump 1 Month Post Rhinoplasty?

+1

Though the posted photos are out of focus I see the issues. Wait 4 months than consider a revision.//

Results post rhinoplasty

+1

Unfortunately, you will have to wait a bit to answer this question. Your surgeon is correct is saying that swelling may take a while to subside up to 6 months or even longer. Therefore you wont be able to evaluate your results until that time has elapsed. You can see a surgeon for a second consult, but typically they will not do any revision until at least 6 months after you first operation.

Marcelo Ghersi, MD

Six weeks after rhinoplasty is too early to determine final results

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Although you may choose to undergo a revision rhinoplasty you should wait to make this decision at a time when all of the healing has occurred and your final result is more stable.  This would generally be closer to the 6 month range.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.  I would follow with your surgeon.   This may take the full year or more to resolve.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Kenneth Hughes, MD

Contour irregularities as well as a crooked nose very possible due to swelling after a rhinoplasty.

+1

I agree with your surgeon. Many rhinoplasty patients have unwanted contour irregularities that improve with time. The patient and continue to follow up with your surgeon.