Very Crooked Nose After Septo-rhinoplasty? (photo)

A month ago I underwent septorhinoplasty. I now love the size+definitely the profile. But after taking photos I’ve been drawn to my crooked/asymmetric front view. Beforehand my nose was deviated towards the right directly from the bridge. The bridge has now improved but the rest of the nose looks crooked. My surgeon claims he's happy with the straightness, which i'm failing to see. I'm very worried! From my images would you say the asymmetry is caused by swelling or a crooked nose? Thank you.

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. I do see what is bothering you. Although swelling may be part of the problem, it appears that the infracture of the right nasal bone may not be sufficient

See your plastic surgeon and ask if massage on the right side in an inward direction may still improve the result. If the bones have not fully healed you may be able to improve the result but be certain to get approval from your plastic surgeon.

Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty? #nosejob

+1

It has only been one month. You should expect some kind of swelling for 6-12 months although most will go away in the first 6 months. It is very early to really tell what things will be. I would recommend being very patient and see how things resolve with time. I measure healing in plastic surgery patients in months to years not days to weeks. It simply takes time.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Crooked nose can be straightened.

+1

Hi.

You are basically right.  You have major improvement after your rhinoplasty, but your front view will need to be straightened in a few months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It looks as if the dorsum of the nose is straight but the right side ( left in the picture) is too prominant.  I suspect this can be easily corrected in the future with a minor infracture of the right nasal bones under sedation.  These things can happen to the best of surgeons.  Wait a few months and then proceed.  Your nose is beautiful.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Crooked nose post rhinoplasty

+1

it is still early after your rhinoplasty so things are still slightly swollen and things will improve as time goes on usually. without feeling the nose, it is difficult to tell if any assymetry is tissue swelling that needs correcting. If there is a slight assymetry present then a small amount of filler can be put on one side of the nose to even things out. Usually only one injection is necessary. I would check back with your surgeon.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Rhinoplasty Crooked Nose

+1

Trust your surgeon on this one.  Swelling after rhinoplasty can really obscure early symmetry.  Significant swelling can be present for 6 months to a year, depending upon the maneuvers employed and whether the rhinoplasty was closed or open.  Second, a frontal view before would be helpful.  Please realize that a septum that is deviated and a deviated cartilaginous pyramid have memory.  Even if everything is done perfectly, the cartilaginous portion always has a propensity to return to its original position.  The bony correction is not nearly as problematic in this regard.  The goal of rhinoplasty should always be improvement, and there has been improvement.  Do not make any decisions regarding the crookedness of a nose until you are healed.  Good luck.