Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty last week and am 9 days post-op. I had a huge dorsal hump removed. Yesterday I noticed that my nose looks slightly crooked (pointing to the right) so I went to visit my surgeon. He agreed that it was slightly crooked (minorly) and put tape on it to help. Now I am worried. Did my surgeon mess up? I did not have a crooked nose before, but had to have my nasal bones repositioned during surgery, do you think he re-positioned it crookedly? Do I need revision or will it fix itself?

Rhinoplasty and curve

+1

No nose is perfectly straight, and sometimes a curve is a bit unroofed during the rhinoplasty. You also might want to check your preop photos.

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty

+1

In some situations when a large bump is removed with rhinplasty a nose can be converted from a straight  large nose to a smaller crooked nose.

This is obviously not the ideal outcome.

This can occur even if the surgery was performed well.

Typically this is a result of a high septal deviation that was camouflaged by a dorsal hump.

Remember you are still early in the healing process and things may improve over the next few months.  If you have persistent twist to your nose a revision procedure a year after the initial operation  can often significantly straighten the nose. Be patient, speak to your surgeon and work together to achieve your goals.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplasty.ca

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

The nose continues to change in appearance while healing after rhinoplasty 1-2 years.

+1

Don't worry about a revision at this point.  At 9 days post-op it's still incredibly swollen and not anywhere near its final appearance.  Follow up with your surgeon as scheduled give your nose time to heal.