Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty Despite Having a Straight Nose Pre-Op?

Hello,I had open rhino 3 weeks ago to narrow the upper 1/3 nasal 'bones',shaving a slight hump and the tip tweaked for refinement, since the swelling is going down it's now apparent that the upper 1/3 portion is deviating to one side making it look crooked (begining to look like a donkeys hind leg)the opposite side towards the tip is more swollen.my nose was straight pre op.please reassure me this is uneven swelling?or should I be concerned?thankyou!

Crooked Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although I cannot see your nose , I guarantee that you have swelling which may be asymmetrical. If I examined you, I could not answer your question. Be patient and share your concerns with your surgeon.

Crooked nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is too soon to make any judgement about the nose. Wait 6 months before doing anything. Ice may help in the meantime.

Nose Crooked 3 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Lindsay,

Well, I'll be a donkey's ass!  I have never heard a patient describe their nose quite as you have.  Discuss your concerns with your rhinoplasty surgeon and perhaps she/he will find that Kenalog injections may help.  A small amount of hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm or Restylane may be injected to help even out your nose while it continues to heal.  You do have to be patient for your nose to settle over the next 6 to 12 months.  Good luck and hope that all works out well.

Dr. P

Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty - What can you do?

+1

Three weeks after rhinoplasty is too early to judge your overall result, but it is on the tail end of the time during which you could still manipulate the bones with early "molding" of the nose.  This is performed with using a finger to push/redirect a bone that might have settled out of place.  I would encourage you to visit with your plastic surgeon to see if this is an option for you.  Additional time will allow the bone to heal in its present position, but don't begin this on your own as you may be seeing asymmetric swelling rather than a true deviation of the bone.

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Alignment Seen Following Rhinoplasty

+1

Without photos to reference, it is difficult to determine what might be going on with your nose. At 3 weeks following rhinoplasty, you are quite early. There is usually a moderate amount of swelling that needs to resolve still yet. This can often contribute to asymmetries that are seen right now, which do eventually resolve. That being said, you might have a slight drift in the positioning of your nasal bones following the osteotomies (breaking of the bone). If this is the case, I will show my patients how to do what are called nasal exercises, or digital exercises, to push on the bones in a very strategic manner. This can help to realign the bones into a more midline position, thus restoring the desired symmetry. Contact your rhinoplasty surgeon before doing anything like this. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com/procedures/rhinoplasty-san-diego-ca/

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

At 3 weeks after rhinoplasty you still may have some significant swelling. You should wait at  least 6 to 9 months and then reevaluate your nose. Its's also difficult to determine without seeing your pics.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com