Crooked Nose After Rhinoplasty and Revision? (photo)

Had rhinoplasty and then revision to correct the fact that the nose was pulling up on one side over time. Doctor said it is due to scar tissue and advised me to continue massaging the area down. I am not happy with the results at all and now don't even feel comfortable taking pictures. Please advise.

Tip Irregularities

+1

Assuming you are one year or greater after the last surgery, the irregularities in the tip can be addressed by further cartilage manipulation and/or grafting. 

You may get a second opinion regarding your nose after Revision Rhinoplasty.

+1

The irregularities in your tip are obvious from your photo, but this photo is not sufficient to render advice. You may want to consider getting a second opinion from a reputable rhinoplasty surgeon so you could see what might be best for you.

Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Asymmetry After Rhinoplasty

+1

How long ago was your last surgery? Looking at the photo provided, I would likely recommend another revision to try and create a more natural looking overall tip contour and shape. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked after revision

+1

It is impossible to tell from a photo alone, but it looks as if you have irregularities of the alar cartilages.  These can be improved with revision--rib or ear cartilage grafting may be required.  You don't mention how long it has been since you surgery--if it has been a year, it may be worthwhile to be examined by an experienced revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon