Crooked and Dented Nose After Rhinoplasty- What Can I Do?

I posted a few weeks ago about cartilage coming out trough nostril. It turns out it's a scar which makes my nose look crooked to one side and there's also a dent. I've talked to my doctor about it but he's really not listening to my concerns and he's also in Mexico which makes it harder for me to go see him. I've been really depressed about this. What are my options as far as fixing it goes ? I would post pictures but don't know how to on here. Please help :(

Crooked nose issues

+1

Sorry for your concerns.  One of the problems of living far away from your doctor is dealing with the complications.  You should met with a surgeon in your area to seek revision surgery.

+1

Sorry to hear that but that's the risk of having plastic and cosmetic surgery outside the US, IMHO.  You need to have a few consultations with experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeons regarding possible Revision Rhinoplasty.  Sorry, I can imagine that's not what you wanted to hear.

Crooked and dented nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It sounds like it may be a good idea to get another opinion about your nose from a surgeon experienced in performing revision rhinoplasty. Without seeing your nose it would be hard to say what your specific options are.

There are ways of addressing concerns like those that you describe.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Crooked and Dented Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you're not satisfied with your rhinoplasty results and are frustrated trying to correct the undesirable features of your nose. Unfortunately, this is a problem that some residents of the United States experience when leaving the country for surgery. Everyone here at RealSelf would love to help, but it is impossible without pictures. You need to consult with a rhinoplasty specialist for evaluation and recommendations for treatment.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

If I am understanding correctly, a suture may have come loose and allowed some of the cartilage to come down.  This can be corrected easily if recognized early in the healing process.  Even late, it may be a simple tip procedure that will fix the problem.  If you can't go back to the surgeon who did your surgery, find someone to see sooner rather than later.  Good luck!

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revisional Rhinoplasty

+1

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I suggest you find a plastic surgeon experienced in revisional rhinoplasty. Revisional rhinoplasty can be quite challenging due to the scarring and grafts placed by the previous surgeon. My approach to secondary rhinoplasty is a "closed approach." The vast majority of revisions that I perform do not require any additional scars on the outside of the nose.

Good luck

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  I would advise you to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon with a thorough understanding of the nasal anatomy.  A thorough evaluation and consultation will help determine what the issues are and how best to address them to get the results you are looking to achieve.

Kimberly Lee, MD