Crescent Mastopexy and Implants for More Youthful Breasts?

I am 21 years old, 130 lbs, no pregnancies. I hate the shape and size of my breasts. I want a more youthful appearance and bigger size but I am scared of the scars of the lollipop Mastopexy. Will I be able to get a good lift with a Crescent mastopexy and Breast Implants?

For the best result you need a full lift and implants

+3

A crescenteric lift is the most minimal of all lifts and will make your areolae larger. You look as though you need a true full lift from an anatomical standpoint. Discuss this with many surgeons who can examine you. If you want the best shape, do both the full lift and implants. If you want to avoid scars, skip the crescent because it won't help at all and just do the implants. You will not have as good shape though without the lift.

No patients want scars, but they almost all want the best shape. It is what your body brings to the table that requires the lift.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

For best result a lollipop breast lift not crescent is your best option

+2
Thank you for your question and photographs.  An examination in person is required for your best answer.  However based on your photographs it seems likely to will need at least a lollipop lift to adequately reduce areola size and lift the nipple areola and remove excess breast skin for your best results.  Please consult on expert board certified plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.realself.com/question/breast-lift-breast-implants-revision#1251999

Crescent mastopexy vs. an Inverted-T mastopexy

+2

from your pictures it appears that the only way that you will be able to get perky breasts is to have an inverted-T or lolly pop breast lift. a crescent breast lift will not adequately lift your breasts.

Web reference: http://www.beautifulself.com/breastlift_ptosis.htm

Crescent Mastopexy OK to Lift The Areola - just a little

+2

Sounds like you want a crescent mastopexy because the incision is small.

The crescent mastopexy is for elevating the position of the nipple-areola a very short distance. It doesn't shape the breast.

Implants can shape the breast and make the breast fuller, rounder, if the implants are large enough.

Be really specific with your plastic surgeon about your goals for surgery so he/she can choose the best procedure to get you the results you seek.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

You will look great with a breast lift

+2

I would definately do breast lift with an incision around your nipple. I would put the implant in above the muscle and then do a nice lift around the areolar complex. This will reduce the size of your areola and give you a lift. Go above the muscle.

Definately see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon...and see lots of pics.

Good Luck!

You may be a good candidate for a circumareolar lift

+2

From the picture, you look like you may be a good candidate for a circumareolar lift or mastopexy with augmentation. However, it really is hard to tell without examining you in person. Also, please do not be scared of the scars. The most important is the resulting shape which should not be compromised because of fear of the incisions. Good luck with your surgery.

The right procedure is as important as the scars

+2

Based on the picture you have submitted, it is somewhat difficult to determine which procedure is best for you. To achieve a better shape and the lift you desire, my best recommendation would be a breast augmentation with a circumareolar mastopexy (incision around the entire areola).

This procedure will not only give you a lift , but will reduce the size of your areola and give you projection and reestablish fullness in the upper pole of your breasts. The scar you will be left with will blend in with the edge of your areola.

You should seek at least two board certified plastic surgeons opinions before making your final decision. Make sure you are comfortable with your decision before proceeding.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implants

+2

It is hard to tell form your photographs because your arms are elevated.  But, getting implants may help give you a larger breast. If your nipple areola complex needs to be elevated, a circumareolar lift is a good choice( incision only around border of areola).

Not a good choice for you.

+2

Hi! I answered another of your questions, right?

When a patient is not happy after a breast lift, it is almost never because of the scar. It's that she doesn't like the shape. So don't compromise on the shape. This is a very important point.

The lift has to be done internally without relying on pulling the skin. Skin stretches, and if the surgery relies on skin tension, you will quickly get sagging again.

A crescent breast lift will not do much for your shape. The good news is that you don't need a lollypop scar either. I think you can get a great result with a "doughnut" breast lift, where the scar is just around the nipple. This approach also makes your areolas smaller, which will improve your shape even more.

Women worry a lot about the scars before a breast lift. After surgery, I almost never hear about the scars. And it is not because the scars have disappeared. It's because the patient is very happy overall and accepts the scars (which do fade) as the necessary trade off.

Look at pictures

+2

I have met 18 year old women who needed a breast lift who had not had children. I would recommend you see a few plastic surgeons and see what your options are. In my personal opinion the crescent lift almost does nothing more than give you a scar and may possibly make a formal breast lift more difficult in the future due to blood supply issues. You will get a variety of opinions but consider your options carefully. I meet many women for revision surgery who had less surgery than they should have at their first surgery and they regretted it. Best of luck.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html