Will a Crescent Lift Do Enough for Me? (photo)

I am 20 years old. I was put on medicine which caused me to gain about thirty lbs. My mom told me I should stop taking it and when I did I lost 12 lbs the first week, and have continued to lose the weight I gained. Now my breasts which were a large C when i was 139 are a small B. They used to be so perky. Do you think a crescent lift will do enough? Will it make my breasts appear a bit more fuller or would I need implants for that? I appreciate all answers!

A dual plane augmentation would be best if your goal is 'perky' looking breasts

Thanks for the question - based on your photos, you really only need a dual plane breast augmentation to regain the perky C cup breasts you had at 139lbs. In cases such as yours where only a slight amount of lift is needed, the dual plane approach is capable of achieving between .5cm and 1cm of lift while simultaneously rotating the nipple-areola-complex (NAC) upward and filling out of the lower pole of the breast (behind the nipple). This will give you perkier, fuller and less droopy looking breasts that still possess a natural teardrop shape - which is what you are after.   

The case linked to below should help to clarify the above since it showcases a patient with breasts similar to your own before undergoing a dual plane augmentation.

Crescent Lift

I think the real question is why are you considering a lift at all?  Unless there is a significant difference in the position of your nipples which is difficult to tell from the photos you have provided, it does not appear that you need any type of lift.  An implant will help to replace your lost volume and careful attention to positioning of the fold beneath your breast should help to achieve a nice appearance.  I also agree that crescent lifts are of almost no value and result in scarring and areolar distortion that may be unsightly.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Crescent Lifts are the Least Effective of All the Lifts

Crescent Lifts are the Least Effective of All the Lifts and at most you will have about an inch improvement which is not much. Further this procedure can distort the shape of your areola and tends to have a widened scar.Although an exam would allow the best opinion, I don't think you would be happy with the results.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Crescent lift

I tend to agree with my colleagues.  There are few indications for a crescent lift, and it is very limited in what it can achieve.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Will a Crescent Lift Do Enough for Me?

The crescent lift gives only the smallest of lifts and is better used when one areola is a little lower than the other in order to gain symmetry. It does not provide a real lift, only minor repositioning. On your torso your breasts look just fine. they are well shaped and appropriate in volume. If you want a little more volume, then a small implant will work, but don't rely on a crescent lift which has little benefit and may actually distort your areola shape if not very carefully done.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Crescent lift or implants

I also am not impressed with a crescent lift. You would do much, much better with implants and no lift.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Crescent lifts

Crescent lifts are the least helpful of all lifts and rarely accomplish anything more than distorting your areola. Consult with an experienced breast surgeon who can make sound recommendations to achieve your goals. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will a Crescent Lift Do Enough for Me?

Even with the posted photos I recommend in person examinations. I am on the fence if ONLY a crescent lift will work. 

Crescent lift

crescent lift will make very little difference. from the tone on your question a small implant will solve both the volume and "perky" issues. good luck with it.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Crescent Breast Lift for Me?

Thank you for the question and good quality pictures.  Congratulations on your weight loss; fortunately, your breasts have not “suffered” too much as a result.   Your pictures demonstrate breasts  that are in good shape and position.
To answer your question accurately I would need to know exactly what your goals are. In other words, what are you trying to achieve? If you are looking for “fuller” breasts,  breast augmentation will be necessary. Breast lifting  is not indicated in my opinion.  A “crescent” breast lift will accomplish nothing of significance,  and will expose you to risks of areola distortion/elongation/scarring.
I would suggest that you consider your goals carefully;  if you decide to change the size/shape of your breasts meet with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Demonstrate your goals as clearly as possible in front of a full-length mirror and with the help of goal pictures.  Also show him/her examples of what are too big and examples of what are too small breasts.
After you have communicated your goals clearly and are comfortable that your plastic surgeon understands these goals,  ask him/her to use whichever breast implants will most closely achieve them for you.