Can a Crescent Breast Lift Be Performed Without Implants?

Can a Crescent/Circumaerolar/Semi-areolar breast lift be performed without breast implants? And how will it affect breast size? I've often heard Mastopexy reduces the size of the breasts by one cup, but I don't like implants so that's not an option for me. I'm a C cup and I only have mild ptosis. Judging from the pictures I've seen of Benelli aka Periareolar lifts, they seem to flatten out the natural shape of the breast. It's seems like a crescent lift might be able to give me just the tiny bit of boost I need. Any advice?

Breast Lift Without Implant Options

+1

The short answer to your question is that a crescent lift  can be done without implants. But a picture (of you) is worth a thousand words (an exam worth a lot more). In other words it would be very important to see just how much lifting you require. In general a Crescent Lift Doesn't Lift Much ! If in the mirror you need to lift your areola/nipple more than an inch to an inch and a half it is not the right technique for most women. The second thing to consider is that if you just want a lift and a little more fullness on top you can also consider fat transfer to the upper part of your breast following a lift.

I would not recommend a  Crescent lift for many patients and usually use if to make the height of nipples similar rather than significant lifting. That is, I would is only for breasts that need little lifting and in general doesn't accomplish much in terms of lifting. A lollipop incision breast lift, also called mastopexy, would be an ideal technique for you and would allow as much reduction and perkiness as you desire. It would also reduce the size of your areola if you wished.To see some typical before and after photos of  patients similar to your appearance and give you an idea of what to expect please see my web site.

Crescent Breast Lift?

+1

The crescent breast lift  provides a very minimal amount of movement of the nipple/areola complexes.  It can be problematic causing spreading of the areola and/or  change of shape of the areola. 

Considering the minimal potential benefit ( very minor lifting) and the significant risk of unsatisfactory cosmetic result,  it is not an operation I recommend.

Can a Crescent/Circumaerolar/Semi-areolar breast lift be performed without breast implants?

+1

Regarding: "Can a Crescent Breast Lift Be Performed Without Implants?
Can a Crescent/Circumaerolar/Semi-areolar breast lift be performed without breast implants? And how will it affect breast size? I've often heard Mastopexy reduces the size of the breasts by one cup, but I don't like implants so that's not an option for me. I'm a C cup and I only have mild ptosis. Judging from the pictures I've seen of Benelli aka Periareolar lifts, they seem to flatten out the natural shape of the breast. It's seems like a crescent lift might be able to give me just the tiny bit of boost I need. Any advice
?"

The fact there are so many TYPES of Breast Lifts should NOT confuse you, as it does many, into thinking that they are all capable of the same result. The Crescent/Circumaerolar breast lifts can only perform a minor lift at best. They perform poorly to not at all with more significant breast sagging.

Although you describe your sagging as "mild ptosis" without an examination it is hard to advise you. What may appear mild to you may be more significant and you may do much better with a Hall-Findlay Breast Lift which will not only lift the breasts, will NOT reduce their size but makes the breasts perkier by using the sagging breast tissue as an auto-implant. Read up on this procedure. It may be your best option.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Cresecent lifts

+1

A cresecent lift or circumareola can flatten the breast that is why it is best limited to short areola moves in patients also receiving implants.

Crescent breast lift

+1

A Crescent breast lift can definitely be performed without using implants. The ideal patient for this procedure is a woman who does not have a great deal of breast sagging and has a pleasing breast shape already. This patient merely requires repositioning of the nipple into a higher position. If further lifting is necessary, the Crescent may be lengthened so that it goes around the entire circumference of the areola. This then becomes a donut mastopexy.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Not that common

+1

Hi,

Yes, a crescent breast lift can be performed without implants. However, it is not that common because it is usually only used for women who have minor ptosis and is most effective on women with smaller breasts. This type of a lift does remove a little bit of skin and breast tissue, but is very minor so it should not effect your size too drastically.

This really can be a great procedure when performed with a periareolar breast augmentation, but as you said, you do not want implants so I do not really think this would be the best route for you. You do have several options. It is important to consider all of them and weigh the pro's and con's.

I do wonder why you don't like implants. There are several ways that an implant can be combined with a lift to give you exactly what you want as well. Without examining you, it is hard to say what exactly would be best. Have this discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon and he/she can give you more personalized advice.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

Crescent lift has limitations

+1

A cresent lift has very limited uses and has signficant limitations. It is almost always done in conjuction with an implant. It relies on your skin to keep the breast lifted and therefore it is not very long lasting even with an implant. In fact it may result in the areola becoming oval in shape rather than round. It is typically used to correct asymmetries in nipple positions. It is also different than the peri-areolar which is completely around the whole areola. Make sure you discuss your options and desires with your surgeon and get a realistic view of the expected outcome.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

A crescent breast lift is indicated for only very mild breast sagging

+1

A crescent breast lift is indicated for only very mild breast sagging (mammary ptosis). An augmentation is not necessary required. A thorough examination is required to determine if you are a reasonable candidate.

I would strongly recommend that you make a consultation with a board certified/eligible plastic surgeon experienced in breast surgery.

Stephen A. Goldstein, MD
Englewood Plastic Surgeon

Types of Breasts Lifts

+1

There are many breast lift and mastopexies. There are basically four types and they go from minimal scars to larger scars. As the scars get larger, the lifts become more powerful.

Crescent lift is for minor lifts and usually used for patients with implants to even out the nipple location. It is hard to say what you need, but I would bet on it that you are not a candidate for crescent lift and need something more to lift your breasts.

You may read more about this on the link at the bottom.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD