Crescent Lift or Benelli Lift for Asymmetrical Sagging?

I've been to three different surgeons and each surgeon has told me something different. When I started looking, I thought my left breast was slightly larger than my right. Each surgeon has said that my left breast is more saggy. The left nipple is slightly closer to the crease of the breast but I wouldn't consider it "saggy" or at least saggy enough for a full lift. Suggestions?

Type of Breast Lift?

+1

The type of breast lift that would best serve your needs will depend on physical examination. The relationship of the nipple/areola complexes to the inframammary folds are important. The amount of loose/ptotic skin of the lower poles of the breasts is also important. Skin elasticity should also be considered.

In my opinion, the “crescent lift” is very rarely useful and can often lead to minimal results and  distorted/elongated areola.

Crescent lift vs. Benelli lift

+1

Photos would be helpful, but physical exam and careful measurements are MUCH more important...nipple position in relation to the crease beneath the breast, how far it needs to be elevated, how much overhang of the breast there is below the crease, etc.  You do not mention anything about whether you are considering implant augmentation versus a lift alone.  In my opinion, a crescent lift does not work very well...there is no way to keep the areola from stretching and assuming a larger, more oval shape with a wider scar than desired and achieving little to no lift as a result.  I have rarely if ever seen a good result from a crescent lift. The Benelli lift controls the areolar size and shape by use of a permanent (usually) purse string suture.  The Benelli lift works well only for milder cases of sagging where only mild nipple and breast elevation is needed. Because of a tendency to flatten the leading contour of the breast in the areolar level, this lift works best if an implant is used to improve the projection of the breast beneath the areola to counteract this flattening.  If the milder Benelli lift is used when a more significant lift is needed, the bunching up effect of the purse string becomes much worse, the resulting scars are much worse in appearance, and the flattening effect is even more pronounced.  So, if a more significant lift is required, or if implants are not used, the best shaping, contour, and overall results are achieved by adding a vertical component...that is, a vertical scar, and many times a scar in the crease as well.  These decisions can only be made after thorough physcial examination and measurements.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Type of lift

+1

The type of breast lift that would be best for you can only be assessed in person during a physcial exam.  The operations you mention are all good but specific criteria need to be met before having one of those procedures.

Asymmetrical breasts and differential lifts.

+1

There are several measurements that help determine the best technique for a lift. The most critical is the level of the nipple relative to the crease but the distance from the nipple to the crease is also a ciritcal measurement in determining the type of procedure for you.