Fraxel Laser for Creole w/ Medium / Mediterranean Complexion and Keloid Tendencies?

I Am Creole with a Medium, Mediteranean Complexion. I Keloid. Can I Have Fraxel Laser?

Fraxel for dark skin

+1

Fraxel Restore? Fraxel Dual? Fraxel Repair?  If you were interested in the more gentle, little-downtime procedure of Fraxel Restore, many patient of skin with color have done well with this device. Certainly there are always risks of postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. See an experienced Fraxel expert. Doing a test spot may be very helpful.

Fraxel Laser for Creole with Keloid Tendencies

+1

Hi,

You are not the "ideal" candidate for laser skin treatment.  That having been said, it really depends on the degree that your skin condition bothers you.  There is increased risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, but with pre- and post- skin care treatment, and time, PIH eventually always fades.  If your skin condition bothers your to a great extent, and you can handle the possibility of PIH, then you can have Fraxel laser treatment.  Choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

"The information on this site is solely for purposes of general patient education, and may not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical care. Consult your own physician for evaluation and treatment of your specific condition."