Creating a Mam Fold to Help with Augmentation?

Hello all, I am wondering if any are familiar with RAFT or reverse tummy tuck to create a mam fold and help increase breast symmetry (along with fat transfer to modestly increase size). I appreciate your time

Reverse abdominoplasty to better define inframmary fold

+1

Best to get several in-person consultations where the RAFT is considered the best option before heading down that path.  Best of luck to you.

Creating a mammary fold

+1

reverse abdominoplasty is not usually done to define the IMF.

Can you please explain your scenario in more detail? Add photos if possible.

Simon Overstall, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Mammary fold and breast augmentation

+1

Without seeing you in person it is very difficult to answer the question. Most patients after breast implants surgery will develop more of a defined mammary fold with time.

+1

Breast augmentation is a cosmetic procedure and for this reason the scarring is kept at a minimum.  My preference is the peri-areolar approach.  To add the extensive scarring from a RAFT procedure in order to create the IMF is counter-productive in this situation and defeats the purpose of a cosmetic procedure.  Most women would rather not have an IMF, than to have the scar.  It is a suitable technique for reconstructive purposes not for cosmetic breast augmentation.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

+1

Fat grafting or implants can be used for augmentation.  There is rarely a need to place large IMF scars to help with IMF recreation except in reconstruction or in cases where a large IMF scar already exists.  Reverse tummy tucks involve a scar along the IMF as well and can be performed if there is only upper abdominal skin laxity, which once again is hardly ever the case.  The RAFT procedure is a combination of the two.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA