Creating "Copy Cat" Noses? (Photo)

I do understand that it depends on your original cartilage and bone structure. But is it a good idea to bring in examples of what you would like your nose to look like, when going to see a plastic surgeon? The nose that I would like to "copy cat" is quite a bit smaller than my own (tip size and bridge height). Just how much manipulation can be done to change the shape of a nose?

Should I bring pictures of the noses I like for my rhinoplasty consultation

Bringing pictures of other noses will help your surgeon to better understand your likes and dislikes.  However, like you mentioned yourself, every person's nasal anatomy is different, and many times it is just impossible to surgically modify one's nose to copy cat someone else's.  You should discuss with your surgeon how close he can get to what your ideal is.

1046 South Orange Avenue
Short Hills, NJ 07078

"Copy Cat" Noses

It's certainly reasonable to bring photos to your consultation that demonstrate your expectations. The photos should be as a basis for discussion, and not as a demand to duplicate the results. Your expectations need to be realistic and appropriate for you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, FL 33406

Bringing photos of other noses to consultation

It's certainly fine to bring photos of noses you'd like to "copy" to your surgery consultation. Like you said, we are limited to your specific features and skin thickness to some degree, but I do find it helpful to see what aesthetic my patients are going for when discussing their rhinoplasty options.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

1101 Madison Street
Seattle, WA 98104

Rhinoplasty for African-American noses

It is quite common for African-American women to want more dorsal height, tip refinement, and alar base barrowing/reductions. It really depends upon the individual. Remember the thicker the skin the less refinement is possible.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Establishing Goals for Rhinoplasty Surgery

Many of our patients do bring pictures of noses they consider ideal or refer to celebrities   as examples of  what they consider great noses. This led to our annual survey of Hollywoods Hottest Looks which can be seen on our website. It is important to establish reasonable goals. In ethnic rhinoplasty skin thickness is a very important consideration.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Ethnic - African American Rhinoplasty

The best way to figure this out is to bring your desired look to the surgeon. The surgeon can then image your nose with computer imaging and try to get as close as possible to the nose you are looking for. This in turn should correlate to the results the surgeon has already had with other patients. Make sure your surgeon is very knowledgable with African American rhinoplasty.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

44 East 65th Street
New York, NY 10021

Rhinoplasty and photo examples of noses

During a rhinoplasty consultation, it is reasonable to show your surgeon photos of the kind of nose you would like.  This will give your surgeon a better idea of what you are hoping to achieve and how realistic your expectations are.  However, always remember that no surgeon, no matter how skilled, can guarantee that your outcome will look like anyone else's nose.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

2581 Samaritan Drive
San Jose, CA 95124

It is a good idea to take photos of the nose you would like to your consultation. A photo allows your surgeon to know what your expectations are and he will let you know if they are realistic. You may be able to have similar results but remember the rest of your features also play a big role in the end result.

David Alessi, MD

9735 Wilshire Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Copycat nose

I think photos are an aid to give the surgeon what you would like.  But it is impossible to guarantee a nose to look like someone else.  Everyone is different in multiple ways; even in the same family.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30342-5029