Crease 3 Weeks After Liposuction at my Buttocks Area

i had liposuction at my outer thighs and buttocks. now that the swelling went down there is quite a deep crease from the point of entry of the suture (at the little cut) along my buttocks. is that normal and will it go away after some time? what can i do against it?

Fat grafts on liposuction creases

+1

Hi Singapore7158, Your history is virtually identical to RealSelf questioner Netherlands2511.  Allow the healing to occur over three to six months and then fat injections can be done on the mature contour irregularity.

Deep Crease at Entry for Liposuction

+1
It is normal to have some sort of mild scarring from liposuction. Every person heals differently. I have some patients that have raised scars and some that have indented scars. I f the scars are indented some times a fat graft will help to raise them. If the scars are raised lasers or silicone gel can help soften their appearance. Best of Luck!

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD

Liposuction

+1

It is difficult to say without looking at any photos; however, scars will usually improve with time.  It also depends on where the liposuction was done.  I don't liposuction directly under the buttock crease, since it may deepen the crease.

Shahin Javaheri, MD