Crease Too Low After Double Eyelid Surgery and Slight Imbalance, How Can I Fix This?

I've recently undergo Asian double eyelid surgery and I'm 3 weeks post op. However to my surprise I have very little swelling and bruising and It seems like my crease is lowering on it's own and I know it's normal But what I'm afraid is it will continue lowering and make my crease even lower. Are there ways to increase the height of my fold and What's the downtime for it? I like my crease height now but I'm just afraid It will keep lowering! And my right crease is slightly higher than my left.

Asian eyelid surgery when the crease seems too small

+1

It sounds like you had a suture type of eyelid surgery. This technique frequently is characterized by quick recovery but also small folds. You may need to consider an incision surgery if the crease ends up too small. 

If the original surgery was an incision, then after 6mo of full healing, you may either undergo some skin removal or a second incision made above the original incision.

Surgery can be done to revise appearance of upper eyelids

+1

There is usually some swelling immediately after surgery on your upper eyelids which would make them look more swollen and wider than they will eventually look.  If they appear too low to you immediately following surgery, they will tend to look lower and the crease will be closer to the eyelid margin as the swelling goes down.  It is possible after complete healing to revise your eyelids so that the crease will be higher and stay higher.

James Tang, MD

Uneven creases 3 weeks after double eyelid surgery

+1

At three weeks, it is too early to revise the crease. There may more swelling on one side and your final result is not apparent. Surgery is the only way to adjust the crease height. But at this point, your best bet is to wait before considering revision.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please be patient

+1

It is much easier to fix a fold that is too low and very difficult to fix a fold that is too high.  Three weeks after surgery is a very brief time frame.  You need more time to heal.  These differences might resolve or get worse over time.  At 4 months after surgery, you will be in a place to decide if you like the result of this surgery.  At this point if things are not better you can begin to think about with your surgery if something more should be done.