I Have a Crease on One Side and the Other is Too High? (photo)

I am 4 weeks post op breast augmentation.I got 475cc silicone high profile on each breast.My right side was too high, the doctor said it was normal and after 10 days he gave me a band and told me to wear it with no bra 24/7. I wore it for most of the day and now my left breast (The side I loved) has a huge ugly crease at the bottom. I called the nurse and she told me that im wearing the band too tight and too long. She told me to take breaks from the band but continue wearing with no bra Help:(

Give it time

+2

Hello. Four weeks is not near enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then. I understand your confusion but it is not uncommon for implants to settle at different rates. Also the crease that you are concerned with will likely fill out with time.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
One implant is high and the other is low, hopefully when things settle they will meet in the middle, if not pick which bothers you most and seek a surgeon to balance you out

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Right Implant Stiff

+1

You may want to follow the nurses instruction, do not wear the band too tightly in addition to this, downward compressions on the right breast may help. 4 weeks is too early to be worried about the outcome,  you see each breast may settle at separate times , this is not uncommon. Ultimately implants may take anywhere from 6 months to 1 year to settle completely .Thank you for your question and best of luck !

Scott Loessin, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Crease issue

+1

The implants may be too big for you breast width and that is what may be leading to the crease. It may stretch with time.

Implant asymmetry

+1

You can hopefully continue your present regimen and improve descent of the implant.  If not you may net surgical revision.  Discuss with your surgeon.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

I Have a Crease on One Side and the Other is Too High?

+1

Try downward compression on the higher riding implant side for 1 month. If no improvement that the infra crease on that side need surgical lowering. 

Uneven implants

+1

It's definitely too early to see your final result, and there is a good chance they will even out within 3-6 months. The crease under the left breast may soften, but it is there because the implant is wider in diameter than your breast is. A smaller implant might not have done this after surgery. In any case, I would wear the bandeau with the bra. You will get more support for the left implant since it is lower and more downward pressure on the right since it is higher. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant inframmary crease position

+1

Immediate post-operative breast asymmetry is either due to asymmetric swelling, or asymmetric  implant placement.  Swelling generally make the tops of the implants asymmetric because there is room above the implant to expand, while the bottom is more of a fixed position due the attachment of the inframammary crease.  When the crease itself is asymmetric, especially if there is "double bubble", then the implant has been placed too low.  Depending on how far off it is, it may be OK over time as the base of the breast relaxes.  The only landmark  that matters is the nipple position.  If the nipple position is too high in relation to the base, the asymmetry will continue to be fairly obvious.  Allow 3-6 months and then a revision may be able to raise the fold.  The implant is heavier than a band or tape can control, and it would only be helpful if it were tight 24/7 over the first week or two to allow the low fold to "stick" in a higher position.  It is useful to keep the implant from going even lower, but is  will not raise it.

Gregory Diehl, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon