Crease Opening Infected? (photo)

Hello Doctors I am 5 weeks PO my sutures was removed 2 weeks ago last night as I was sleeping I felt that my left side breast is kind of hurting this morning I woke up there's a lump and it pop with yellow fluid my PS is in Vacation and wont be back til next week I send him pic he said it doesnt look infected I did some jogging and moving furnitures could that cause the opening? I thought it supposed to be close by this time. PS said he will clean the pocket and resuture and see how it goes.

Open access wound 5 weeks after augmentation

+1

strongly suggests something bad is happening as posted by the others.  In California, another doctor should be covering for your surgeon... see that doctor asap.

Crease Opening Infected after Breast Augmentation?

+1

I am sorry to hear of the complication you are experiencing. Unfortunately, based on the photograph, it may be a relatively serious complication.  Breast implant exposure will necessitate removal of the breast implant for a period of time.

I am sure your situation is more stressful given that your plastic surgeon is not immediately available; you will be best off seeing the plastic surgeon covering his practice.

Crease Opening Infected?

+1

Realistically you have a 50% chance of needing the implant removed. Best to discuss in person with your surgeon to determine the risks. 

Wound infection of the breast

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, I am very concerned about your wound, please find the doctor on call for your surgeon to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast Implant exposed?

+1

Based on your photo you should see your Plastic Surgeon straight away. If he is on holidays, ask who is covering for them as all medical practices generally have a back up.

Your implant appears to be visible and given the quality of the surrounding skin, resuturing is difficult, if at all possible. You may need your implant removed and replaced at a later date.

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implant incision breakdown

+1

It certainly looks like you have an impending extrusion of the implant. You will likely need to have the implant removed and then replaced at a later date.  Best to see your surgeon ASAP.

Open wound

+1

I agree with my colleagues here.  It appears that you may have implant extrusion.  The area surrounding the wound seems swollen and inflamed.  You would likely need to have the implant removed and have a new implant placed back at a later date.  Usually wound dehiscence (opening) after breast augmentation is very rare; it should be addressed soon.

Sugene Kim, MD

Open Incision

+1

From the looks of the photo I would call your PS's office immediately and see who is covering for him while he is out of town.  If it is an exposed implant they will need to attend to it. 

Fred Hackney, MD

Exposed Implant After #BreastAugmentation

+1

From the photo, it appears that you have an exposed implant. With the condition of the skin around this, it will not tolerate a re-suturing and closure. You will likely have to have the implant removed and replaced at a later date. You should see your doctor sooner than later to help make a decision on which direction to proceed. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Crease Opening Infected? (photo)

+1

This is a serious issue you have.  If your surgeon does not have another surgeon covering his practice while he is away then seek another surgeon who can address this today.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon