Crease Opening Infected? (photo)

Hello Doctors I am 5 weeks PO my sutures was removed 2 weeks ago last night as I was sleeping I felt that my left side breast is kind of hurting this morning I woke up there's a lump and it pop with yellow fluid my PS is in Vacation and wont be back til next week I send him pic he said it doesnt look infected I did some jogging and moving furnitures could that cause the opening? I thought it supposed to be close by this time. PS said he will clean the pocket and resuture and see how it goes.

Open access wound 5 weeks after augmentation

strongly suggests something bad is happening as posted by the others.  In California, another doctor should be covering for your surgeon... see that doctor asap.

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Crease Opening Infected after Breast Augmentation?

I am sorry to hear of the complication you are experiencing. Unfortunately, based on the photograph, it may be a relatively serious complication.  Breast implant exposure will necessitate removal of the breast implant for a period of time.

I am sure your situation is more stressful given that your plastic surgeon is not immediately available; you will be best off seeing the plastic surgeon covering his practice.

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942

Crease Opening Infected?

Realistically you have a 50% chance of needing the implant removed. Best to discuss in person with your surgeon to determine the risks. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Wound infection of the breast

Thanks for your inquiry, I am very concerned about your wound, please find the doctor on call for your surgeon to be evaluated.  Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

1870 Keller Parkway
Keller, TX 76248

Breast Implant exposed?

Based on your photo you should see your Plastic Surgeon straight away. If he is on holidays, ask who is covering for them as all medical practices generally have a back up.

Your implant appears to be visible and given the quality of the surrounding skin, resuturing is difficult, if at all possible. You may need your implant removed and replaced at a later date.

Dr Kevin Ho

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Prince of Wales Private Hospital
Sydney, NSW 2031

Implant incision breakdown

It certainly looks like you have an impending extrusion of the implant. You will likely need to have the implant removed and then replaced at a later date.  Best to see your surgeon ASAP.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Open wound

I agree with my colleagues here.  It appears that you may have implant extrusion.  The area surrounding the wound seems swollen and inflamed.  You would likely need to have the implant removed and have a new implant placed back at a later date.  Usually wound dehiscence (opening) after breast augmentation is very rare; it should be addressed soon.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

4185 Technology Forest Blvd.
The Woodlands, TX 77831

Open Incision

From the looks of the photo I would call your PS's office immediately and see who is covering for him while he is out of town.  If it is an exposed implant they will need to attend to it. 

Fred Hackney, MD

8315 Walnut Hill Lane
Dallas, TX 75231

Exposed Implant After #BreastAugmentation

From the photo, it appears that you have an exposed implant. With the condition of the skin around this, it will not tolerate a re-suturing and closure. You will likely have to have the implant removed and replaced at a later date. You should see your doctor sooner than later to help make a decision on which direction to proceed. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

1431 Camino Del Mar
Del Mar, CA 92014

Crease Opening Infected? (photo)

This is a serious issue you have.  If your surgeon does not have another surgeon covering his practice while he is away then seek another surgeon who can address this today.

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

10401 Double R Blvd
Reno, NV 89521