Creased Nasal Sill After Alar Base Reduction

Several months ago, I had a procedure to correct one nostril that was much lower than the other (the doctor called it 'nostril reduction'). An excision was made running through the nostril floor and around the side of the nostril. Where the excision was made in the nasal sill, the skin now appears sort of folded together, like it's creased or wrinkled, as opposed to being continuous and smooth like the other nostril. Will this improve on its own? Is it expected? Can something relatively simple be done to correct it that doesn't involve incisions/stitches?

Nostril Sill Scar

+1

If you're seeing any improvement, wait a liitle longer. You probably will need a scar revision, which is a relatively minor procedure. There's no guaranteed improvment, but I would encourage you to do the operation.

Most likely to improve over time

+1

The incision which was made around the nostril floor and around the side of the nostril can be made to look better by either a scar excision, dermabrasion, or cortisone injections. It most likely will improve on its own over time over the next one year after the rhinoplasty.

Scar Revision may be needed

+1

It sounds as if you have an unacceptable scar on one side which would require re-excision or scar revision.  This should be very simple and can be done under a local anesthesia.  the would should be repaired with an extremely small suture like 7'O silk which will not leave needle marks. 

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon