What is This Crease on my Right Nipple and the Indentation Under Right One?

I had breast implants removed 4 weeks ago and had a mastopexy at the same time, this was meant to be an anchor lift but the surgeon decided that it wasn't needed and just took some excess skin from under the right nipple and some from under the left breast. I have a crease on the right nipple and wonder if this will improve? Also if I even lean forward slightly I have an indentation under the right nipple, does anybody know what this is?

Breast Creases and Indentations

+1

Thank you for your question. Often there can be dimpling and creases from suture tension which should resolve in time, perhaps 4-6 weeks. Mention this to your doctor, and have a plan. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Indentation after Breast Implant Removal and Lift

+1

The indentation may get better.  I would give your body 3 to 6 months at least before considering a revision.  The area may be amenable to a small amount of fat grafting, which is less invasive than some of the other maneuvers that could improve this area.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentions, revisions, and lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

As carefully as you have tried to describe this, only with a photo will allow us to understand what is going on here. This sounds like contractures from the scars that are healing, and change is to be expected over several months, but without seeing what these look like I can't speculate further. Please consider posting some photos with your question. 

Thanks, all the best. 

Four weeks post surgery and indentation

+1

The indentations may represent differential swelling or scar tissue. It is best to wait a few months to see how things heal. You may want to show your surgeon to be properly evaluated as well.

Nipple creases and indentations

+1

It would be very helpful if you could post photos and indicate whether you had a lift with your original breast surgery.   The healing process does take a while, and swelling can obscure the results during your recovery.  I am sorry I cannot give you additional information without seeing photos.  It is not usual to remove tissue from under your nipples as a way to do a lift, but without photos it is impossible to give any advice.   It is always best to ask your surgeon these questions during your followup care. 

Michelle Spring, MD