What is This Crease/line Under my Left Breast From?

My initial breast aug was a little over 10 years ago. My left implant bottomed out & I went in for a revision of the left breast a year after I had them done. On 11/8/12 I went in for a breast aug ( implant exchange) and full anchor breast lift. One concern that my ps is not explaining to me is there are 2 lines/ creases underneath my left breast. One is the incision, but there is additional line/indentation above it and my breasts are not symmetrical. Any ideas what this could be from??

Creases after a anchor lift

+2

can occur at the ends of the transverse incisions due to redundant skin.  It is still hard to speculate without an exam.  Your surgeon should be able to help you better understand this and you should discuss this with him/her.  If redundant skin, a simple office revision can take care of it.

Crease under breast

+2

The crease you may be seeing is perhaps from the bottoming out issue you had before and the repair that was performed. Hard to say without an exam.

Extra Skin Crease after Correction of Bottoming Out of Breast Implants?

+2

My best guess, based on your past surgical history of correction of bottoming out of the left breast implant, is that the extra “crease” below your left breast is some “redundant” skin that was previously stretched out by the bottomed out breast implant. In other words, the crease is simply skin that has not adhered back down after the capsulorraphy technique probably used for the correction of the bottoming out.

+1

Without seeing both breasts in a photo it is not possible to comment on symmetry. Even on the affected breast I am not clear what I am seeing. I do suspect that you are looking at the suture line from the bottoming out repair, but that really is just a guess--your surgeon should be able to tell you this based on an in person exam.

Thanks for your question, all the best.