Bleph Crease Looks Much Higher Than What I Expected, Is it Normal?

Today is my 2nd day of suture Bleph, and the crease looks much higher than what I'm expecting, could doctors please advise whether that is normal. Also, i cant seems to see the remaining 1/5 of my eyeball when i open my eyes fully, is it normal or is it a symptom of a blotch surgery? I'm so worried that I feel like going to get my sutures removed to get my post-op look back. Could doctors please advise how long do I have to wait before I could have sutures removed completely?

Blepharoplasty result

+1

I wouldn’t worry about asymmetry a couple of weeks after blepharoplasty. But if it doesn’t get better, a surgical revision could be considered.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

When to judge your blepharoplasty result

+1

It is too early to tell if your eyelid crease will really wind up too high as a final result. At this point in your recovery, the swelling is at its greatest and this may cause  temporary distortion not indicative of your final result.   As the swelling subsides in the coming weeks, you will get a better idea of where your eyelid crease will actually end up. Taking stitches after two days could cause the wound to open and besides will not return you to your former appearance as excess skin has most likely been removed.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Too Early

+1

It is too early to make any determination. The best thing to do at this point is to use cold compresses to reduce any swelling you may have. Also stay elevated with your head above the level of your  heart. Discuss with your surgeon the use of Arnica as well.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crease is always high just after surgery

+1

It takes a couple of weeks or so for the crease to reach its final height. The swelling makes it look too high for a while. It is also sometimes hard to open the eyes until all the swelling has gone down. Be patient and don't judge the result for a couple of weeks at minimum.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is never too early to be concerned.

+1

Bernice

When there is a problem, people know it right from the start.  Generally there will be swelling.  This swelling can make the crease look too high.  A photograph would be helpful. However because the crease was made with sutures, removing the sutures, letting the dust settle and having the procedure repeated at a later date is definitely an option.  Talk with your surgeon and decide how you feel.  

Very early after surgery!!!

+1

The second day after surgery is when the patient encounters the most severe swelling. It is incredibly early for you to start worrying about your crease. In Asian eyelid surgery, in the early postoperative period, the crease looks much higher than what it is actually going to end up.

Please feel free to discuss this with your surgeon. That is what his/her role is in addition to the actual surgery: providing you with answers to your questions, and comforting you during an obviously anxious time.

Be patient though...swelling will last a few weeks, so your final result won't present itself for a couple of months.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon