More Than a Liposuction to Correct Crease on Face?

I had a procedure that elevates both skin and underlying SMAS layer. A suspension cheek lift, subcataneous Brow lift, placation of the platysma and Liposuction to the neck and jowls. I am 9 months post op from thesee procedures. The crease along the sweep mark is beginning to look like one long scar. Would I need more than Liposuction to correct this??

Your cheek lift may have relaxed

+1

This is typically the result of the lower face being pulled tighter than the midface or without adequately lifting the midface. Given your history of a cheek suspension, it may be that the suspension weakened and did not maintain adequate correction, particularly on the left side of your face.

The best way to demonstrate this is to vertically lift your cheek with your fingers and observe if your line disappears. If this is so a resuspension of your lift may achieve your goals.

Possible over done lipo

+1

The crease you have on your face maybe due to over done liposuction.  It can also be from the movement of the skin during your facelift. It is difficult to tell without examining you. I definitely would not liposuction is again.

Yes

+1

I see several problems that you may want to consider.

First, liposuction is not your answer. My opinion is that it is foolish to lipo in the cheek- too dangerous.

You have thickened skin as a result of sun, exposure, and possibly acne. Skin resurfacing would be a better bet here, and improve the line.

Finally, to me, this picture shows that you are having relaxation of the cheek, and this is also contributing to the line as well as fullness in the nasolabial area.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Revision facelift likely needed to correct sweep crease after facelift

+1

Do not have liposuction; it will not improve the crease and may injure a facial nerve branch which possibly has been moved upward with the face lift.

My own opinion based soley on looking at a photograph is that the vector or direction of the pull of the facelift was too superiorly directed and is pulling and bunching the lower facial skin to a too high location.

If this is the case, your surgeon will have to examine you and diagnose this problem, then re-opening the cheek flap and re -directing the pull more towards the ear and angle of the jaw will be required to correct the crease.

I do not think a filler will work.

If my diagnosis is incorrect and thois is simply a skin crease that was apparent pre op, then combination non-ablative and ablative laser resurfacing may help.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

See a plastic surgeon who is a facelift specialist.

+1

You can have a teporary improvement from Radiesse(12-18 months). See a facelift specialist to give you the pros and cons as to what to do now to fix the problem permanently.

Possible lipogroove

+1

Dear Teresa

Not to pick on the surgeon who performed you facelift but the groove you are showing is unusual. In fairness, you are tipping your chin down in this picture, so I am wondering if you have this groove all the time or just when your head is positioned this way.

This may be due to over liposuction close to the skin. However, it is possible to create this by improper undermining of the skin at the time of the facelift.

More liposuction will not correct this. It could be corrected with fat transfer. However, the most efficient method of dealing with this is to fill it carefully with Perlane. You can realistically expect the treatment effect to last more than a year.

Facial crease

+1

You've had a lot of surgery. If you are not happy with your result then you should seek a second opinion. I doubt more surgery at this point is the immediate answer. Perhaps a fat transfer or facial filler in conjunction with a scar release procedure is in order. After so many facial surgeries you must be wary of more procedures after only 9 months.

Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

"Sweep marks" after facelift are best corrected with Restylane.

+1

Hi!

Liposuction will not help you.  We have seen a number of patients with these sweep lines after facelift in Manhattan.  We think the best treatment is to fill the line (which as you say almost looks like a scar), with Restylane.  The result last up to 9 months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

No more Liposuction!

+1

It appears to me from your picture that this indentation in your skin was caused by liposuction in the first place. If so, doing more would not be the solution. In my opinion, liposuction above the jawline must be done very judiciously. This is a very unforgiving area and even a small amount of over suctioning can be very visible.

If indeed this was caused by Liposuction then my suggestion to you is that replacing fat by injection would be a better solution. If this is adherent skin to the underlying tissues, you may need a revision of your lift to free up these adhesions and re drape the skin more smoothly.

Good luck to you.

Leslie H. Stevens, MD

I agree that Lipo is not the answer for facial crease

+1

It is hard to tell just from a picture, but it appears as if a subcutaneous release of the dermal attachment and use of a filler like Restylane. If anything, I think that liposuction would make this worse.

Talk to your surgeon to weigh out the options.

Good luck!

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon