Is This Crease and Pleating Normal 5 Weeks Post Tummy Tuck? My Doctor Says Things Will Settle

I was 123 pounds prior to surgery with some skin due to 2 c-sections- one with twins. This crease and pleating appears to be getting slightly better with the swelling going down but will it ever be flat? I had a full tt, lipo and muscle repair.

Creasing and Pleating After Tummy Tuck #tummytuck

+1

You can expect to have settling of the area over the next 6 weeks to a few months. You may not have a completely flat stomach, but it should be much improved. Using a compression garment for the first 6 weeks will help tremendously with the lymphedema that occurs which adds to your swelling. This can take 3 months to resolve.

Tummy tuck results

+1

I agree that it can take 3-4 months at least to see the final results.  The swelling in the tissue settles down and the abdomen generally becomes flatter.  Best to just give it time and follow up with your surgeon

Charles R. Nathan, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after a tummy tuck

+1

Swelling after a tummy tuck can take 3-4 months to completely resolve.  For complete scar healing and settling, you won't see the final scar for about 12-18 months.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS