Am I Crazy to Want a Breast Reduction? (photo)

I'm 5'6", I weigh 75kg, md-lg build, I'm currently in a 34DD bra. I'm trying to lose weight, but even when I weighed less I was big (D). I would love to reduce as I have low self-esteem b/c of them. No rashes but I've always had poor posture w/aches when I stand up straight, and have a high tolerance for pain in my back so only dull back pains. My insurance won't cover PS even for medical reasons but I'm in Asia so it's cheaper here. What would you advise me if I walked into your office?

Breast Surgery Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. If I were seeing you in consultation, I would advise that you reach your long term stable weight prior to undergoing any breast surgery. I would then want to ascertain your goals when it comes to your breasts. I would ask that you show me,  using photos what you would like your breasts to look like. Demonstrating your goals in front of a full-length mirror would also be helpful.

After this communication process, surgical options that would allow you to achieve your goals would be discussed. For example, if a small breast reduction or breast lift would achieve your goals, this operation as well as its potential risk/complications would also be discussed. You would need to consider the presence of scarring  in relation to your psychosocial situation and body imageā€¦   I would then ask that you go home, consider the pros/cons of surgery, think about the potential risk/complications associated with surgery and then follow-up for second consultation if you so choose.