Will my breasts be a normal shape? (photos)

had revision surgery on my breasts as I had waterfall deformation,my surgeon did an implant exchange and gave me the poly tech implants,I went for surgery last Weds,was let back to my hotel Thurs,I looked at my breasts,I was mortified(see pic),I contacted the surgeon he said it was normal.Friday I was told I had to go back for surgery, i had hematoma in my right breast, I had it removed,flew back to the uk sat morning,I went to my nhs centre yesterday and was told I have an infection!

Will my breasts be a normal shape?

+1
I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced. Although it is not possible to predict what your long-term outcome will be, it is likely that the appearance of your breasts will change/improve to some degree over the course of the next several months. Having said that, based on the current appearance of your breasts, it is also likely that you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery to improve contour and/or symmetry. Probably best to wait approximately one year before proceeding with additional surgery. At that point, select your plastic surgeon very carefully. Make sure that he/she can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. Best wishes.

Infection of the breast implant usually requires X plantation.

+1
From the information photographs it's impossible to predict the final outcome for your breasts. It is early on and changes can certainly be expected. If you indeed have an infection of your prosthesis more than likely it will need to be Removed. I have never heard of Polytech implants.

+1
Hard to tell with all the complications associated with your out of country surgery. Best to return to operating country to her cared for... 

Poor breast shape

+1
Thank you for your pictures. Your breast shape is not good. Once you get over your infection and there are no other consequences for hematoma surgery I would  wait three months until you revisit revision.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Will my breasts be a normal

+1
I have a few questions. First of all where was the surgery done, because I have never heard of Polytech implants but I think they are used in Europe?  Second of all did you have any drains?  And finally is that last pic the one of your breasts before the first surgery?  I'm sorry to see you had this problem but why would your surgeon let you leave a day after your surgery, regardless of how far away.  I do think you will need revisionary surgery, but I would probably wait at least 6 months and more than likely a year.  Good luck, Dr. Schuster in Boca Raton.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts be a normal shape?

+1
I am sorry that you've been through so much. Unfortunately any surgical procedure carries with it risks and complications. Although your breast shape ill get better, IMHO you will definitely have some deformities that will be apparent. Give your self time. Time does great things by allowing your own body to heal itself.

You can always have a revision of the breasts but I would not suggest having any further surgical intervention before 1.5 years out from your original surgery. Make sure you follow up at home. Good luck.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD