Crackling/Crunchy Noise Post Rhino; No Pain/Soreness, Am I Okay?

hello i'm 15 weeks post op and today while i was cleaning the inner corner of my right nostril i happened to hear a slight crack..... i did not experience any pain or soreness afterwards and my nose still looks the same... do you think if it is anything it would have been obvious in the appearance of my nose? thank you i appreciate it.

Crunchy Noise After Rhinoplasty While Cleaning Nostril

+1

Dear Babygirl303,

At about 4 months post surgery, you should have reached an advanced placed in your recovery.

Nonetheless, I recommend that you consult with your surgeon although there is not visible damage.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Cracking/Crunchy Noise Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very unlikely that you did any harm 15 weeks after your rhinoplasty. Check with your surgeon if this continues or you notice any changes in appearance or nasal breathing.

Crunchy noise after rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely that after 15 weeks, you have caused a problem. If concerned, an evaluation by your surgeon would be a reasonable approach.

Don't Worry About The Crunchy Noise You Heard

+1

It sure doesn't sound like anything to be concerned about. It may have been a little bit of scar tissue that softened. Without being really aggressive there is almost nothing you can do 15 weeks after a rhinoplasty to injure it. Rest easy. 

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon