Cracked Horizontal Front Tooth? (photo)

I have horizontal cracked front tooth, I'm 49 years old, and I don't know what to do. I'm afraid that it might get worse with time. It does not bother me when I drink hot or cold water.

Cracked Front Tooth

+2

The best thing to do is to see your dentist soon. Cracks aren't predictable, it may break sooner or later but I think it will break. It's better for your dentist to remove the cracked tooth structure and repair the tooth with composite bonding than to wait for it to break on it's own. This can reduce the chances of the crack exposing the pulp and the need for a root canal.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Horizontal crack in front tooth

+2

The tooth is obviously cracked and will eventually break off.  I would be proactive and have your dentist repair it before it breaks away.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Cracked horizontal Front Tooth

+2

Eventually, that cracked portion will break off. You can have the piece removed and replaced with bonding, by your dentist prior to that happening, so you will not be caught somewhere in an emergency situation in the future.

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Cosmetic Dentist