Crack in Invisalign Tray. Can I Use Superglue to Fill the Crack?

I have a small crack in upper tray which I need to wear as a passive tray for another 6 months, while completing lower treatment. Can I use superglue to fill the crack - don't have money to pay for another tray. Don't understand why Invisalign will not supply passive trays or make these stronger to preclude cracks when finishing treatments. I am cautious when removing trays, so this crack comes as a surprise to me. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Cracked tray

+1

A cracked tray may or may not be a bad thing. Your Dr will look at it and wee if its servicable. Glue might not set correctly so bad idea. Let your Dr see and do what is best

Chesterfield Orthodontist

+1

NO please do not do it!!! Call your dentist right away and they will get you a new tray, its simple and fast to do

Pamela Marzban, DDS
Fairfax Cosmetic Dentist

Superglue to repair an invisalign tray

+1

No, DO NOT USE SUPERGLUE, it is poisonous.  Call you dentist and ask them to get you a new tray. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Can I Use Superglue to Repair an Invisalign Tray?

+1

No, Superglue will NOT work; however, your dentist/orthodontist should provide you with a passive replacement tray at little or no cost to you. My understanding is Invisalign does not charge for replacement of damaged aligners. If not, then a passive aligner can be fabricated in your dentist's office; in my office, this would be at no charge to my patient.

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Superglue won't work!

+1

Sorry, superglue won't work. Ask your orthodontist if a clear retainer would hold your upper teeth as an alternative to Invisalign tray (this is assuming that your upper teeth haven't shifted)?

Richard Shin, DDS
Rockville Orthodontist