What Can I Tell my Coworkers About my Chin Implant and Surgery?

I am planning to have a chin augmentation, and I am really concerned on what to tell my coworkers and employer. I would have to do it on a Thursday, and planned to take the Friday and the following week off....this is quite long for most people in my office. Is there any kind of believeable medical excuse I could use that would explain the time off and the swelling/scar after the procedure? I would greatly appreciate some help on this, as it would need to be realistic.

The ol' dental work excuse

+1

Having dental work is probably the most common explanation patients use after chin implant surgery. You can say you had your wisdom teeth out, and got an infection, so you needed a longer recovery. Or that you had your bite corrected, or something along those lines.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Excuses for coworkers after chin augmentation surgery

+1

The real problem will be is it a dramatic difference. If so and that is what you desire, you will want them to notice and will be disappointed if they don't. However, you can always use the excuse that you needed oral surgery for a dental abcess,etc. And when they ask you about the swelling post op, you can say that it takes several months for the swelling to subside and by that time they will have become accustomed to your new appearance

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

+1

Let's see. I had a bee sting on my jaw with an allergic  reaction. OR my dentist pulled the wrong tooth so I had 2 teeth pulled. Or I had a abscess in my lower front teeth. Or I was in a car accident and hit my jaw on the steering wheel. That is all I can think of but if I think of others I will post LOL. 

Returning to work after chin surgery

+1

Hi allichin,

I would suggest that you tell your coworkers that you had a dental procedure performed and that any swelling or bruising present after your time off is a result of the procedure.

Good luck!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Regarding: "What Can I Tell my Coworkers About my Chin Implant and Surgery?
I am planning to have a chin augmentation, and I am really concerned on what to tell my coworkers and employer. I would have to do it on a Thursday, and planned to take the Friday and the following week off....this is quite long for most people in my office. Is there any kind of believeable medical excuse I could use that would explain the time off and the swelling/scar after the procedure? I would greatly appreciate some help on this, as it would need to be realistic
."

I agree with Dr. Rand. Dental or jaw surgery may be a good excuse to explain the swelling.  You are much more critical of your chin than your co-workers and they will have no clue.

I would not recommend saying you went to a taping of the Jay Leno Show and something happened...

Chin implant excuses

+1

If you have a conservative implant that fits you well, you can possibly tell them you have had dental surgery and are just swollen.  Pretty soon they'll forget what you used to look like especially if you actually look better than before.