My PS performed a 35% Blue peel. 2 weeks later she did a 'touch-up' on my chin. 35%, just not Blue peel. It immediately didn't 'look' like my first peel. It didn't peel like the original It didn't heal the same; as you can see from my pics.; It's red, and the texture doesn't seem to be like the rest of my face. What is happening and what can I do? It's been 14 days since the 'touch-up'. Thanks for your consideration.
I fear my skin is burned and won't heal? (photo)
Doctor Answers (2)
Blue Peel Healing Concern
What does your doctor advise? Consider topical steroids for now like temovate, IPL may be helpful in a few weeks. After six weeks or so of topical treatments. Low dose steroid / 5 fu injectables can be of benefit as well.
Redness after second TCA peel
- You had a modified Blue Peel - the Blue Peel was specifically designed for safely and limited to 25% TCA.
- A 35% TCA peel is fine if carefully done by an experienced physician,
- a second 35% application at 2 weeks will not peel as the outer skin is already gone,
- Your skin looks red - it went deeper into the skin,
- See your plastic surgeon to discuss.
- Additional care, e.g. ointments and silicone sheeting may be needed for good healing.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.