I fear my skin is burned and won't heal? (photo)

My PS performed a 35% Blue peel. 2 weeks later she did a 'touch-up' on my chin. 35%, just not Blue peel. It immediately didn't 'look' like my first peel. It didn't peel like the original It didn't heal the same; as you can see from my pics.; It's red, and the texture doesn't seem to be like the rest of my face. What is happening and what can I do? It's been 14 days since the 'touch-up'. Thanks for your consideration.

Blue Peel Healing Concern

+1
Blue Peel Healing Concern
What does your doctor advise? Consider topical steroids for now like temovate, IPL may be helpful in a few weeks. After six weeks or so of topical treatments. Low dose steroid / 5 fu injectables can be of benefit as well.

Redness after second TCA peel

+1
  • You had a modified Blue Peel - the Blue Peel was specifically designed for safely and limited to 25% TCA.
  • A 35% TCA peel is fine if carefully done by an experienced physician,
  • a second 35% application at 2 weeks will not peel as the outer skin is already gone,
  • Your skin looks red - it went deeper into the skin,
  • See your plastic surgeon to discuss.
  • Additional care, e.g. ointments and silicone sheeting may be needed for good healing.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD