Is This Normal for my Nose to Look Bent? is This Swelling?

Had my closed rhinoplasty 4 weeks ago now and i still feel it looks bent..my bridge is'nt flat or straight, i feel it goes from my forehead and not my nose, one nostril was bent from before and is straighter but surly should'nt still look like this? I am considering going under again as i am not happy with the results. how long do i have to wait?

Swelling following rhinoplasty

+1

4 weeks is soon after your surgery, and you are experiencing swelling. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months following your procedure. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it will take some time. I would recommend visiting your surgeon in the meantime. He/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I would recommend waiting some time and seeing how you heal before considering a touch-up procedure. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/face/rhinoplasty/

Nose should not look bent one month after rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

You may well need a revision, but I strongly recommend that you wait at least six months, and then get two other opinions.

4 weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say what is going on. Right now I am sure you have a lot of swelling and you have to be patient.

Is Swelling Normal

+1

Your nasal asymmetry is caused by displaced nasal bones together with possibly uneven swelling, which may last in it's main extent up to six months. Most likely, you will require revision surgery and if no nasal tip correction is needed, it can be done after six months post-op.

Web reference: http://www.torontofacialcosmeticdrc.com

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon