Can my Nose and Jaw Line Be Changed? (photo)

My nose is very thing almost like a ski slope and pointy. My jaw is very narrow too. I had my ears pinned back which has drawn my attention to my nose and my jawline. I would like my nose and jawline to be more like the photos I have provided. I want to know are my goals realistic and can they be achived. I want more harmony and bance in my face.

Changing the shape of a nose can be done within certain degrees of freedom.

+1

Your nose can definitely be changed but whether or not it will be your satisfaction is another issue. You sound very particular about your appearance and might be very difficult to please by an operation.

Rhinoplasty and Custom Jawline Implant

+1

Your nose can be made less pointy and smoother with a rhinoplasty that includes cartilage grafting. To get the jawline you are after you will need a custom implant design as what you seek is a completely smooth and wider jawline which is not achieveable with any off the shelf style of implants.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

You need an in-person exam

+1

Dear Brendanuk,

The only way to answer your questions accurately is to perform an actual physical exam.  You provided a frontal and oblique photograph, but are missing a true lateral and worm's eye, both of which would be helpful in deciding what changes are attainable.  All that being said, reducing and widening your nose is certainly possible.  You should visit with a surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty for a formal discussion.  I would advise seeing a member of the Rhinoplasty Society who uses 3D imaging to discuss your goals and to see the realistic changes that they think are possible.

Best regards,

Dr.B 

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty with straight jawlines

+1

Dear brendanuk,

1. From the last picture, it looks like your chin is nicely defined
  2. I don't think you would need a chin implant, and an exam would be able to tell me with better certainty
  3. The nose can be widened and made to fit your face without the obvious look of a rhinoplasty

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nose and Jaw Line Changed

+1

You appear to be a good candidate for Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant surgery.  An exam and more photos are needed for a recommendation.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who does lots of Rhinoplasty surgeries, to discuss your concerns and expectations. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Can my Nose and Jaw Line Be Changed?

+1

Your tip can be elevated, and the hump can be reduced.  Implants may be appropriate to create a different jawline.  More pictures and an exam will be necessary to determine what needs to be addressed.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA